Random Thread

Tasha

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

You should try to encourage your cats to go vegan

I asked them but they were not interested I am still in search for a organic line that they like. I buy samples and try them out, hopefully one of these days we will have a winner.

To get off the lovely topic of bugs:

Today I showed everyone in my step class that people can fly lol. I mistepped and went flying off the front of the step.

Ouch! Those things are dangerous! I hope you are okay though.

Yep. I'm fine for the hundredth time today, lol!!!! Does anyone notice that when you do something embarassing that everyone notices you??? And then you have people talking to you about it, when you'd much rather they just leave you alone and act like they didn't observe your embarassing act.

i can top that for embarrassment, but i have the good fortune of being a recluse so nobody has mentioned it at all since it happened.

I hadn't realised that there was no smoke alarm here (there's a dud doorbell which pretends to be a smoke alarm, but no actual alarm) , and have been very unwell for many months now even compared to usual M.E fare... intensive diarrhoea and vomiting for the last 4 months has left me just knackered and I've started having turns of hypersomnia just to get a break.....

And so it came to be , that right after putting on a bag of sliced corn on the cob to cook the evening before last, I hypersomniaed.... and woke up over 6 hours later having accidentally half-asphyxiated myself..... through here it wasn't so much the smoke that was bad, as a sort of toxic all-pervading suffocating sort of light smog.

Anyway, so fortunately i have an extremely expensive industrial air-purifier (for outgassing) which sooked smoke out of the kitchen and cleaned it at an impressive rate.... and I moved my bedding stuff out to the outhouse round the back, which is surprisingly habitable now that we've moved literally an entire warehouse worth of illegally dumped junk from previous tenants, from out of there.... now it's just like a big stone room.

This was at like, 4am or something, and i was really disorientated.... the chances of me falling asleep before 10pm have been slim to none for the last couple of weeks, so my body clock felt very haywire.

It turns out that flagstone flooring is horrible for conducting (lack of) heat from the ground, and is a bit more lumpy than i had bargained for.....

I'd expected to just set up camp, drop off, phone my mum the next day, and that would be fine.... but without oncoming sleep in progress i stayed feeling very agitated, and really felt like i needed to speak to someone about the situation.

so I phoned the fire people to ask whether it seemed like i would actually HAVE to stay out there. I said to the phone woman that there hadn;t been a fire, just lots of smoke, and everything was winding down and just fine now but i was mainly just phoning since i was shaken up, and figured that if i were going to sleep overnight in a stone shed then i should at least make sure that it wasn;t just totally unnecessary-sounding.

She said they would "send someone to just pop round and make sure everything was fine" , i said really I was fine, it would be okay if they didn't .... but she insisted that "it's just something we do with all calls we get, it's nothing to worry about"

So, ten or fifteen minutes later ..... this entire crewed fire engine starts winding it's way up this daft little sarcastically slender, rustic country track. ... i was appropriately mortified

The guy who came in to check the situation was absolutely lovely though, and despite everything i was actually in a really good mood fortunately I saw the funny side, and so did he.

Apparently, the fire brigade are forever getting called out to old folks' homes because of automated call outs from over-sensitive alarms, and they used to have to send out TWO for those..... god, if there's a positive side then it's that I'm glad they never sent two fire-engines up here, since apart from anythign else it would have been hellish for them to try and turn round and get back down that fussy little track again

and of course, the fire guy quite agreed with me about the toxic smog so i stayed outside overnight in the end.

So all in all, it was quite a brouhaha... but all quite friendly and not entirely unpleasant, especially all things considered (*^.^*) and of course, plans for putting up a fire alarm are being made very swiftly.

Yay, I fail !

I did get an incredible racket of a dawn chorus from some lively Starlings and pigeons who live in the roof of said shed, though..... the pigeons were lovely, the starlings....ehhhh..... loud

I have to admit I love Tarantulas though. It was very exciting to have 4 of them come up on the porch one late summer, not all at one time but all within a week or so. I was scared at first, but after he would just pick them up then I had to at least touch one so petting its back lol

Reading about you interacting with them just made me squirm, spasm and retch slightly. I am terribly arachnophobic.

PLEASE tell me that none of you guys think their official method of training at the fancy Muscle Gym is "cool" "innovative" and "desirable"

I can't really comment. I don't know what they do.

Pancakes.

I can't really comment. I don't know what they do.

Here's a clip -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97gBdWjLN0

Louis commentary is the way it is, because he felt that they were singling him out for special humiliating and aggressive treatment.

He thought he was being treated like this because the drill sarge was angry with him because of a comment he'd made about wrestling having a drama element, but really... it does seem like the drill sarge wasn;t pleased about that ... but it seems as if actually what was happening was a matter of respect.... since training at the Muscle Gym is extremely expensive.

Louis didn't understand that this is how they coach EVERYONE new (as he found out later into the proceedings) .... shouting, shoving them about, slagging them off, refusing to let them rest and making them overwork until they throw up and stuff....

I don't know, maybe the raw food boot camp is like that with it's "shaddup and train" ethos..... and I just "don't get it" because I'm not immersed in the whole obsessive training world.

(shrug)

Also, i love spiders..... but importantly, we don;t get any tarantulas here.... if we did, I don;t know what I might think of them.... but even i get a bit nurdy at the thought os STROKING one of those things.... apart from anything else, aren't they poisonous or anything ?

heh so, there's a gamer from Gamespot, who's been trying to get a job and move out of his parent's house for a few months now.

When i logged in today, i noticed that he's changed his signature to say :

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/berryfc1/achievement.jpg

Maybe I'm just a big nerd, but i found that pretty amusing.

That's what I'm trying to do too.

On the embarrasment topic. This ones hilarious. It happened to my mother. Unfortunentally I wasn't there to see this .

See what happened was. She was in the car dealership. On the way walking out to check on something she tripped on some kind of cord or pipe or something. So she goes to the guy handling our car sign thing and alerts them of what has happened( Because it could be dangerous and someone else might trip )

They ask her to show them what she tripped on and as she was walking back to show them she tripped on it AGAIN!!!

Now one of mine.

I was in Drama class in the college holding a mocha chino. I decided to stupidly try to perform a wall kick. My leg got tangled on the bar sticking out of the wall and I land on my face( But my Mocha didn't even get scratched ) and unfortunentally there was indeed people there

That of course is nothing compared to when my friend pantsed me in the mall. If just my pants came down then it would have not been so bad. But unfortunentally that wasn't the case

That of course is nothing compared to when my friend pantsed me in the mall. If just my pants came down then it would have not been so bad. But unfortunately that wasn't the case

(Astrocat fails to hide a growing grin) wait... wait.... hold up, reverse, rewind there..... your friend "pantsed" you in the mall !?

I had no idea that "pants" could be a verb..... assumedly though, the activity of being "pantsed" involves an affectionate friend amicably sneaking up and tugging down your breeks unexpectedly in an embarrassing location ?

... and that your friend managed to catch the UK pants as well as the American ones, resulting in mr brown-eye smiling in the sunshine, shall we say ?

Well ! I am just speechless !

heh so, there's a gamer from Gamespot, who's been trying to get a job and move out of his parent's house for a few months now.

When i logged in today, i noticed that he's changed his signature to say :

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/berryfc1/achievement.jpg

Maybe I'm just a big nerd, but i found that pretty amusing.

That is pretty funny.

It just shocks me.

If you were going to train as somebody who wants to come down with Chronic M.E .... that's exactly how you should go about it.... ignoring your limits, pushing yourself until you barf, ignoring what your body tells you.... great stuff.... with added esteem lowering to boot.... and for this kind of treatment people pay money !? And LOTS of it, at that !?!?

(shrug) some mothers do 'ave 'em

It just shocks me.

If you were going to train as somebody who wants to come down with Chronic M.E .... that's exactly how you should go about it.... ignoring your limits, pushing yourself until you barf, ignoring what your body tells you.... great stuff.... with added esteem lowering to boot.... and for this kind of treatment people pay money !? And LOTS of it, at that !?!?

(shrug) some mothers do 'ave 'em

Of course if you are someone who is not fit, like that guy seemed to be. You have to push yourself to get anywhere. Obviously if people are doing it and paying for it, it works.

Sure....

... and everyone just pretends the burnouts don't exist, right ?

I wasn't questioning whether it worked for people who are already healthy and built..... I was questioning whether it's cool, desirable and innovative.

Also, surely a drill seargant with any degree of competence ought to be capable of assessing someone's skill level and matching training appropriately, rather than just starting beginners off at hardcore level ?

Plenty of people train healthily without feeling a compulsion to override what their body is telling them about safety or limitations.

Maybe just not wrestlers.

Obviously if people are doing it and paying for it, it works.

Quite.... just like mystic cult-healing. Lots of people are doing that and paying for it.

I love people watching ! Who doesn't?

I'm in a coffee shop hanging out here on the forum.

And I heard this big guy order a 4 shot Americano in a small cup. Then I'm watching him as he's dumping cream in it.

NASTY

ha !

When i was a kid, I once decided to make a sandwich with everything in the larder which was in jar... ehhh, I was meant to eat it as punishment for being so fucking stupid... but somehow i managed to hide the sandwich outside and never actually had to eat it in the end (I wish i could remember how i managed it, as it would have been some feat of cunning to get away with that!)

an ex is an ex for a reason....

an ex is an ex for a reason...