Top ten reasons to go vegetarian

robert

This will be useful. I have a friend who writes articles promoting veganism for a local newspaper that has an online edition. She has a few regular commentators who heckle her every article. These short quick reasons for vegetarianism will be good to post back in the comments section for people who read the posts from the jerks.

In my opinion, people bash vegetarianism because they can't hack it. They have to justify the guilt they are carrying.. The fact that they are promoting cruelty and suffering. People who know how destructive eating meat is and don't do a thing to change their ways are generally selfish people. There are a lot of selfish people who fear change.

Sometimes I carry guilt too. I feel bad sometimes because I tend to lose respect for people who eat meat because I know what they are doing to themselves and the planet. Kinda the same way I lose respect for people who do other destructive things like littering and smoking.

In my opinion, people bash vegetarianism because they can't hack it. They have to justify the guilt they are carrying.. The fact that they are promoting cruelty and suffering. People who know how destructive eating meat is and don't do a thing to change their ways are generally selfish people. There are a lot of selfish people who fear change.

Sometimes I carry guilt too.

It's the same I think.

Many people find hundreds of excuses to go on eating meat, because they like it and they don't want to make a little effort to give it up (and find many other better things to eat!!!). So they start to say the doctor told them not to give up meat, that it's a tradition, that humans have always been omnivore (and, by the way, it's not true), that they parents would not approve (yes, I heard that as well!), and many other stupid things. Then, if there's a video about slaughters or similar, they don't watch it, close their eyes, or say "No, I don't wanna know it!!!". Very hypocrite.

I tend to lose respect for those people too. I try not to judge others, but when it's about animals and Earth I find it quite difficult. But then I think I'm not perfect either, and make the effort not to feel too uncomfortable towards these people... So, instead of totally losing respect for them... I increase my respect for the others, those who "understand"!!!!!!

that it's a tradition, that humans have always been omnivore (and, by the way, it's not true)

What is your source for this statement?

Thanks

Ann

Where did Marcina say this? I don't find it in her post. Or maybe it's from the link? Anyway, I think she's right when she says most people think that human always have eaten meat, and also right when she says that was not reality.

It depends in geographic areas and the climate, but most of prehistoric mens of all periods of evolution (neanderthal, sapiens, etc) were vegans. Archeologists found many fossilised human prehistoric excrements, aged hundreds of thousands years old, analized the DNA and rarely found animal proteins in it, but mostly vegetal proteins. Also, it was obvious that when they could simply grab some fruits, they wouldn't bother about all the trouble of hunting, killing, preserving the meat, maybe cook it, etc. It's especially true when cromagnon began to use a basic agriculture system.

I wrote it!

It's just what people say many times, I have no proper sources. But I have sources about men being vegans. Men were vegans because it was very easy and healthy for them, and hunting was a useless effort. Then everything became ice-covered (I know there is a proper word to say this, but I couldn't find the translation on the dictionary!), and there were no more fruit and vegetables enaugh, so they had to start hunting. My sorce is an Italian science magazine, I can try to translate it and give it to you, if you want.

I also have an article about Native Americans being vegans as well, most of the tribes were. They thought being vegans made them stronger, healthier and more intelligent. I'll look for it, translate it and put it on the forum, if you want. And, anyway, here on the forum we have the proof they were right!!

If you don't mind taking the time to translate it - i would appreciate it. Thanks

No worries, I'll do it as soon as I can.

If I find anything interesting on the web meanwhile, I'll let you know. I had some interesting sources, but I had to change pc, so I have to look for them again. But I'll find them!

I feel really sad. I sent this article to about 20 people along with the following text, i tried to present this in a non-pushy kind of way.

Hi all,

As you know I don’t normally email junk mail or push my views and thoughts on my friends and family. I am asking you to read the article below and follow the links. If you do not have time for all of it I ask that you at least look at this link. http://www.meat.org/

I know asking you to go vegetarian/vegan is a lot and honestly I don’t expect you to. If at all possible please look into where your food is coming from. Try to buy local organic meat and dairy. Organic is better for you and the cruelty to the animals is a lot less. It is still there, but it is so much better than factory farming.

If you do decide that you would like to give a veggie diet a try and if you have any questions about a vegetarian/vegan diet please let me know and I will do my best to help you understand the pros and cons of it. It is not as bad as you might think.

Thank you for any consideration,

Ann

My hope was that people would watch that video and think about what they are doing. Can you beleive not one person cared. I feel really sad about this, these are my friends and family. How can they not care?