How to get good pump?

Although i am lifting weights for a year i find it very difficult getting pumped enough...Also the soreness the day after is not intenese enough...

I usually lift 4 sets of 10 with the 9th and 10th rep being very difficult...I have tried both fast and slow pace in the movement but there was no real difference..

I can only feel the pump in my biceps and triceps in the hands and that is not very intense..

Do you think i am doing something wrong?

4 Sets of 10. Is that for every exercise or just one exercise per muscle group. Regardless of the weight/speed...thats most likely not nearly enough repetition to do any good damage to your muscles. Especially since you should be doing a good 3-5 sets just to warm up each muscle group.

the pump can be pretty hard to get for some people and it's harder to get it in some muscle groups than others. when i workout i always aim to get the most pump as possible which means i have a few methods to reach that goal.

i always warm up the muscle first by doing some high reps with really low weights. your muscle shouldn't get tired from this, it's just to get the blood flowing. i have a couple of excersises for every muscle group that i always do but i also try a lot of new excersises. variation in the training with both reps, sets and excersises is more likely to get your muscles pumping otherwise they just adapt. when i train legs in the leg press i do really slow reps and never straighten out or "lock" the legs completely. when i do rows and lat pulldowns i often pause when the muscle is fully contracted and then go really slow on the negative part. with my arms and shoulders it's pretty different there i go really fast. you can try supersetting two different excersises, dropsets or really whatever. everyone has their own way i guess. but i'm pretty sure that variation is the key. good luck and sorry if my english completely sucks donkey boner

4 Sets of 10. Is that for every exercise or just one exercise per muscle group. Regardless of the weight/speed...thats most likely not nearly enough repetition to do any good damage to your muscles. Especially since you should be doing a good 3-5 sets just to warm up each muscle group.

I do two to three excercises per muscle group..

For instance for chest i do crossovers,flyes and bench....

For legs i do squats,deadlifts,leg curls and leg extensions..

4X10 each...

Have you tried more??? Some people just need more reps to respond...or maybe more sets to failure rather than focusing on a number or reps. When I lifted my legs/shoulders always responded to very heavy weight. But it always seemed like my chest and arms would respond to more reps...actually I'd even get a better pump from 50 pushups than I would from a few reps with 315.

Today i tried to reach the pump in the triceps...

I left them at the end of my workout and started doing triceps extensions...

I started with 3set of 12 with 10kgs...

Then i added 4 kgs and i did 3 more sets of 8(cause i couldn't do any more with that weight and the form was not very good)...

No serious pump yet...

Then i decided to go back to 10kg and try sets of 12 as many as i could..

I did 5 of them...After the 3rd i was pumped enough..

Trying to do a sixth one i stopped in the seventh repetition cause i couldn't lift anymore...At this time my triceps were pumped enough more than ever but not as much as i would like...

And i think i could do some more sets...

Totally i did 12 sets...Aren't these so many?Will this type of trainning promote hypertrophy?Cause books say that too many sets will not help hypertrophy..

There are times where I do weighted push ups (i put a tight back pack on my back with a 25 or more plate in it) and 5x5 very slowly. My pump last for an hour or so afterwards. Maybe a little longer. That may not seem like much to some, but Im very week in the push up department

• 2 weeks later...

You could try a "greaser" like NO-xplode or similar. The nitric oxide precursors (mostly arginine compounds) are supposed to increase NO production and hence the pump. BSN certainly does have a lot of impressive advertising, but I'm not so sure about actual science. In any case, powdered arginine is dirt cheap online.

Some people just need more reps to respond...or maybe more sets to failure rather than focusing on a number or reps

...and some need less, usually natural bodybuilders with slow recovery rate of muscles.

I find drop sets to be useful. Also, supersets. A pump is mainly an increased blood flow to the muscle, so both of these techniques will achieve that.

I was about to say this as well. I love the pump I get from drop sets on tricep extensions especially.