What Foods Make You Weak In The Knees

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oreo cookies! I can eat a whole damn bag of them at one sitting.

Veggies burgers - Although this would break the bank before I would put on weight from them

Tater tots - Go find your own!

Potato chips - I kicked these to the curb for five months, now I have a bag every now and then,

Pancakes - I stopped eating these for a long time and I don't miss them, but when I do eat them I eat lots.

Olives - By the jar. Yeah.

Why oh why did I have to come in this thread? A gal on a diet shouldn't be drooling this much!

Some of my favorite foods are...

-Broccoli!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I can't live without it! This stuff is my absolutely most favorite veggie EVER!!!!!)

-my homemade vegan peanut butter cookies

-vegan chocolate mousse

-vegan brownies

-Amy's Teriyaki Bowl

-mango

-spaghetti with my homemade marinara sauce

I love to cook and enjoy experimenting to find good combinations!

- I'm a big fan of oreos too

- Cracker Jack. I re-discovered this in November. It's about the most unhealthy thing I eat, and I try to limit it.

- Pineapple. I eat it every single day.

- Organic chocolate truffles. Chocolate mixed with coconut oil.. it doesn't get any better than that. http://www.gdh-trading.com/Truffettes/TRU0231.jpg

- Sweets of the Earth chocolate pecan caramel bars. I can only buy them when I'm in toronto, thank goodness. http://www.sweetsfromtheearth.com/products.htm

- Wu Se vegetables at www.sogoodfood.com. The peanut sauce is to die for.

I allow myself to eat whatever I want though, pretty much. I don't believe in restriction. Obviously I don't eat non-vegan things, but that's because I don't consider those things to be food.

hum i realized this week that I have SERIOUS issues with cashew...

I love slathering raw cashew butter on a banana or some dates. So good.

Oh don't be mean!!! I didn't buy them yesterday because I was going to eat nothing but cashew and dried fruit. I think I miss them like an fat kid on a diet misses his cake

Today I had what I like to call the Pity-Party Feast

Huge Veggie Burger with sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions. well done fried with ketchup and veganaise mixed together. 3 glasses of Pinot Grigio, and a toastes avocado and faux-pepperoni sandwich with vegannaise and mustard.

(we went to a restaurant and plunked the Veganaise straight down in the middle of the table. I let the waitress taste it with a straw and she said it tastes alot better than regular mayo )

As I said in my journal, pity party ends tomorrow.

(we went to a restaurant and plunked the Veganaise straight down in the middle of the table. I let the waitress taste it with a straw and she said it tastes alot better than regular mayo )

Lol, she put some on the tip of the straw I guess? First I tought she was drinking Veganaise with a straw.

Me too the first time I tried it I found it tasted way better than regular mayo. It's more onctuous and rich, and instead of a vinegar and egg taste, it has a cream chesse flavour.

oreo, I love the mint ones, and double chocolate, these are definitely on my list. Watch out when they are buy one get one free at the store I have to will myself to not go near them, or I'd buy them every time.

I also rediscovered Rita's Water Ice when I was in Delaware. The lemon ismy favorite because of all the sugar the lemon cut the sweet taste a bit.

Today I had what I like to call the Pity-Party Feast

Huge Veggie Burger with sauteed mushrooms and grilled onions. well done fried with ketchup and veganaise mixed together. 3 glasses of Pinot Grigio, and a toastes avocado and faux-pepperoni sandwich with vegannaise and mustard.

As I said in my journal, pity party ends tomorrow.

Your pity parties are still a comfortable margin ahead of other people's austerity kicks!

• 1 month later...

I tought it wouldn't be a bad idea to make resurrect this thread because it listed so many tempting food. Let's try to incorporate pictures too or recipes.

As some may already know, i'm on a liquid diet since 3 weeks. 1 week away from the end, I crave sometimes for solid foods, any foods, fruits or junk foods. But lately I've been thinking about veggiedogs, veggieburgers, french fries, all this with ketchup, marinades and other condiments.

But, for those who like those nasty meals mentionned above, and pizza, greasy chips, ect, you might be interested in that, a VEGAN VERSION though... :

have you ever heard about POUTINES ?? or "cheese fries" if you prefer.

This is the dish that was making me a non-strict vegetarian, because of the beef in the gravy. But I was eating fish too and I now find ridiculous that fish and seafood is considered vegeterian. Then I stopped eating this and became vegan.

"Poutine is a dish consisting of French fries topped with fresh cheese curds, covered with brown BBQ chicken gravy and sometimes other additional ingredients. The freshness of the curds is important as it makes them soft in the warm fries, without completely melting. It is a quintessential Canadian comfort food, especially but not exclusively among Québécois." wikipedia.

It's really bad for health because hard to digest, very high in saturated fats.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w315/nanlouuu/poutine.jpg

Poutine is a traditionnal dish -- yet relatively modern (1960)-- in Quebec, a French-Canadian province. I don't know how much it's popular around the world now, but there's poutines in all fast-food restaurants in Quebec, including American ones like McDonald's and Burger King. Those offer cheap versions of the authentic poutines that may be more just like "American gravy cheese fries".

Now there's hundreds of variations :

Italian Poutine (with tomato sauce), lean chicken on top, or smoked meat, sausages, and even with foie gras in bourgeois restaurants.

People usually throw some ketchup on this, some add salt, vinegar, mayo, cajun spice, chopped onions, hot pepper rings... And they eat the poutine alone or add stuff on the side: hot-dogs or pogo, cheeseburger and pop.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/gagsbucket/poutine.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u51/JavaJackz/poutine.jpg

It's good when the chedard cheese curds melts in the sauce, and when the French fries have lots of flesh, not like cheap skinny French fries from McDonald's.

I would be interested in ideas to make VEGAN POUTINE if you have any.

An easy way would be to substitute the beef bbq gravy for a vegan one like the premade ones sold prepacked in powder, and to put soy/rice mock cheese that melts well, or in curds if possible.

Is there more original and creative versions?

When I was vegeterian I made a healthy version: steamed broccoli instead of French fries, Tamari sauce instead of meat gravy, and low-fat cheese instead of cheddar curds.

I found this vegan poutine recipe, doesn't really look like a poutine anymore, but should taste great.

http://www.veganimprov.com/2008/02/vegan-poutine-wmiso-peanut-gravy-yves.html

I found this vegan poutine recipe, doesn't really look like a poutine anymore, but should taste great.

Mmm, poutine. I have made it once since being vegan, entirely with pre-made store-bought ingredients. I used a vegan mozzarella cheese (Vegan Delight?) that melts pretty well, a bag of frozen french fries, and a can of mushroom gravy.

I know how nutritionally empty all that is, but it hurt so good.

• 2 months later...

Mmm, poutine. I have made it once since being vegan, entirely with pre-made store-bought ingredients. I used a vegan mozzarella cheese (Vegan Delight?) that melts pretty well, a bag of frozen french fries, and a can of mushroom gravy.

I know how nutritionally empty all that is, but it hurt so good.

Yeah I made some like your method, which is really like a traditional poutine, at the condition that the vegan cheese is good quality and melts. I used vegan brown gravy though, especially made for poutines and the only one I know of that is vegan. I don't like mushrooms.

Here's one poutine experiment I made, with avocado instead of cheese, it was pretty good but the acocado need to be very ripe and let it soften and "melt" in the hot gravy.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/2008%20Vegan%20Servings/IMG_3884-1.jpg

Lots of stuff make me weak at the knees.

So Delicious Ice Cream.

Natures PAth Peanut Butter Bars( I asked mum if she can get me 50 boxes for Christmas. That's how good they are. )

Anything pasta related.

Beans and tortillas.

Salsa and Chips.

Soy Milk

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Sucks that I'm all out of food and won't eat for a while. I'm starting to get myself hungry XD. Maybe I can ask mum if she can afford Soymilk tomorrow.

A toasted everything bagel with French Onion Tofutti cream cheese, thinly sliced tomato and paper thin sliced red onion topped with salt and pepper. (I just heavily salivated writing that)

Although my diet won't allow for this, I make it for my daughter.... and some days, I think you can catch an actual tear coming from my eye, as I enviously watch her eat it.

Cherries, grapes, sea salt and vinegar chips, tempeh seared in olive oil and tamari mmmmmmmmm, ice cold coke out of a glass bottle...

All of my mom's vegan adaptations of any of her traditional recipes. They all contain like 1/4 cup of oil per serving so she can make up for the supposed nutritional deficits. But damn it all tastes so good.

At work the other day there was this new kind of pastry from startbucks that looked healthy, it was in the shape of a star, and had dried oats and fruits on top. I almost buckled by rationalization...

A toasted everything bagel with French Onion Tofutti cream cheese, thinly sliced tomato and paper thin sliced red onion topped with salt and pepper. (I just heavily salivated writing that)

That's the favorite of a good friend of mine, she has to have freshly ground three-color peppercorns on it, and it is a big deal to her! Don't mess with her tofutti if you value your life!