Cro Mags in town Friday Night Hawthore Theatre

Quite sure it's not a vegan band since they are krishna and probably eats dairy but fuck it I love them. I listened to the age of quarrel first time in 2002 and have probably listened to it at least twice a week ever since. I saw them in Copenhagen in 2005 or 2006. JJ is buff and vegetarian. He has a diet book that's called meat is for pussies and his releasing a training book too.

Chech this out

HARD TIMES HARD TIMES

Cool, I just assumed they were vegan because they are fans of Vegan Bodybuilding. I shipped them a bunch of stuff a year ago and John Joseph is in Portland today and we're going to kick it for a bit.

I know nothing about this kind of music, not sure what to expect at the show, but it should be fun.

Oh man! I thought you were going to cro mags because you were a fan! Well, I think you'll be in for a nice surprise. Hardcore shows are nuts, and from what I hear, Cro Mags shows are like prison riots.

That video was pretty damn cool too.

I presume it's John Jospeh's fake Cro-Mags.

I asked someone about this and got the story....John Joseph is for real.....he is then man for Cro Mags I have is biography as well, just haven't read it yet. He explains some of the controversy in it, and talked about it a bit tonight when I chatted with him. One of my friends is an author and currently a biography writer for hardcore bands and explained the whole situation to me.

I hung out with John Joseph tonight. He's a cool dude. He even did stuff I didn't expect. He announced to the whole crowd, "This song goes out to my man Robert Cheeke, Vegan Bodybuilder!" And we posed for some photos, etc. and hung out for a bit and have been sending a lot of text messages, etc.

The Cro Mags are off to Seattle tomorrow but I will try to catch up with John again soon. We've been in touch for a year or so but this was my first time attending a show.

I dig hardcore!

Oh man! I thought you were going to cro mags because you were a fan! Well, I think you'll be in for a nice surprise. Hardcore shows are nuts, and from what I hear, Cro Mags shows are like prison riots.

That video was pretty damn cool too.

I got your text message and bought you a Cro Mags CD

I owe you a VB&F shirt or two anyway, so let's meet up and I'll give you the shirts and CD.

Catch up soon!

I asked someone about this and got the story....John Joseph is for real.....he is then man for Cro Mags I have is biography as well, just haven't read it yet. He explains some of the controversy in it, and talked about it a bit tonight when I chatted with him. One of my friends is an author and currently a biography writer for hardcore bands and explained the whole situation to me.

I hung out with John Joseph tonight. He's a cool dude. He even did stuff I didn't expect. He announced to the whole crowd, "This song goes out to my man Robert Cheeke, Vegan Bodybuilder!" And we posed for some photos, etc. and hung out for a bit and have been sending a lot of text messages, etc.

The Cro Mags are off to Seattle tomorrow but I will try to catch up with John again soon. We've been in touch for a year or so but this was my first time attending a show.

I dig hardcore!

Oh, I wasn't implying John Joseph was a fake. He was the original singer, and has been in the band (or using the name) since the early 80's.

What I meant was, I think he's currently the only original member still in the band, and the other original members have an issue with him still using the name.

I dig hardcore!

Oh, I wasn't implying John Joseph was a fake. He was the original singer, and has been in the band (or using the name) since the early 80's.

What I meant was, I think he's currently the only original member still in the band, and the other original members have an issue with him still using the name.

Cool

I was just confused so I asked my friend what that would mean "fake Cro Mags" and he told me the whole story of the band breaking up and why with specific details, etc. and then it somehow came up talking with John Joseph last night. That dude is so freaking cool man! He even phoned me at like 2AM to keep chatting when he got back to the hotel after they kicked us out of the club so they could clean up.

It was cool.....I can officially say that it is John Joseph and the "Cro Mags" who sparked my interest in hardcore....

If I didn't have my glasses on, I would have been crowd surfing last night and going crazy like everyone else.

I have a video I'll post later on once I upload it...JJ gives a shout out to veganism and it was cool!

I look forward to my next show! Hoping to see Earth Crisis soon

Rob you dig hardcore now huh, def didnt take you as a hardcore fan, especially Cro-Mags, NYHC skinhead finest.

Check out agnostic front and see where it takes you man.

I know man, I didn't think I'd like it either but I was totally digging it last night...most people think because of my behavior that I'm a "good little Christian boy" or something and only like certain things.

I'm open to lots of stuff and I'll give hardcore a go for a while

I created a full album on Facebook, just search Robert Cheeke, but here is one from last night:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4406/219/57/1056650054/n1056650054_466169_7106594.jpg

Cool guy this JJ fella!