Heya!

AbraKadabi

Hello from Las Vegas! I've been vegan for almost four years (my anniversary is New Years!), and I was vegetarian for about two years prior. I joined because it is my goal for 2012 to get (and stay) in shape. I feel like I perpetuate the "stereotypical vegan" by being skinny and weak, so I want to get toned! I'm really interested in learning Northern Shaolin, but I don't have the money for classes. So I guess for now I'll work on making myself healthy!

I feel like this will be slightly difficult for me because, not only am I the only vegan in my household, but I am so used to consuming unhealthy processed foods. I fear my parents won't take me seriously, but hopefully they'll see that I am and help me by buying whole foods. I think that change would be good for everyone in my family.

Welcome to the community!

So great to have you here!

Awesome that you're inspired to get in great shape for the New Year. We aught to be able to help you make that happen!

Congratulations on your upcoming vegan anniversary and on behalf of the animals, I thank you.

All the best and welcome aboard!

-Robert