Soy Protein Questions and other Food Questions

Hi, how is everyone?

I have heard a lot of good and a lot of bad about soy protein drinks.

Mostly the bad, is about it being washed with hexane vs water and then then the estrogen problem. Then the allergy forming from it, has that happended to anyone from over use?

From what I understand Supro Soy is pure and washed with water(is this true) and I need to order some because finanicially its what I can afford for the next couple of months while giving me the extra protein I need a day, with the rest of my diet while lifting.

Can some give me their thoughs on the supro soy please?

http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/soy%20protein%20isolate.htm

I found it here for a price of $30.00 for 5lbs.

Now I also wander if someone can clear up the diffrence between supro soy isolate and then just soy beans? Is it just soybeans that are ground up and most of the fat is removed to leave maximum amounts of protein?

This place has 25 lbs of organic soy beans for $25.00 but its almost half the protein with twice the serving but even cheaper.

https://www.bobsredmill.com/catalog/index.php?action=showdetails&product_ID=354

Any help and thoughts on soy would be great but keep in mind I would only use the product for a couple months until I can afford other proteins that are more expensive pound for pound. I hear a lot of great things on vega but I could only afford it once every 2 months as of now.

Are most bagels vegan?

The only things I have noticed that are not, are mono diglicerides? And vinegar maybe? Then of course ones with egg/milk but thats obvious. Can any one clarify about the other ingrediants?

What about b-12, like in cereal? Where else can I get it from? Is it vegan in cereal or oj?

Thanks for everyones time, I appreciate it.

Soy isolate is 100% protein. But you'll never find me touching the stuff because isolated macronutrients (sugar, protein powders, oil) are nutritionally deficient. And I like to keep my foods as unprocessed as possible..

Re: estrogen. Soy protein has a very weak form of estrogen, called phytoestrogen. It is MUCH, MUCH WEAKER than the estrogens you make in your body, and it binds to the same receptors, which has been speculated to protect the body from many estrogen-related cancers, as well as help stabilise moodswings in women.

Given that you'll get 82g of protein a day just from eating white potatoes (2,000 calories or less), I personally don't think that you need protein supplmentation. In the past, I bulked up perfectly well without any supplementation whatsoever (up to the point where it was showing through the 120 extra pounds of fat I had.. XD), but I wasn't a bodybuilder. Even so, I still doubt that you need 200g/day of protein, given that the minimum requirement for protein for an adult human is 20-39g. Generally, unless it's antioxidants from whole foods and such, getting ten times as much as you would normally require is actually quite bad.

Glycerin (mono- and di-glycerides) can be from EITHER plant or animal fat. Look for a "natural" kind of bagel; you'll probably even be able to find vegan English muffins if you look in your local HFS.

Extremely high protein is surely bad for you but if you have intentions behind it...it may be necessary. I don't think I would have made it through my training as a shot putter had I not had 200g a day. I doubt I needed the 300g I got every day but I think I needed 200g...I definately needed the 8000+ calories to recover.