Muscles here I come! Lobsteriffic's Log

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

12/13/2010:

Think I'm coming down with something, not feeling 100% and I have a sore throat, boo.

Squats:

45x5

65x5

95x5

5 sets of 5 @ 125 lbs

Bench:

45x5

65x5

85x5

85x5

85x5

85x3 (fail...dropped the bar on myself...had to do a weird contortion type movement to get out from underneath it...I'm so smooth)

85x3

BB Row:

45x5

5 sets of 5 @ 95 lbs

Assisted Dips:

8 reps @ 50 lbs

8 reps @ 40 lbs

8 reps @ 30 lbs

(didn't know how much assistance I would need)

85x3 (fail...dropped the bar on myself...had to do a weird contortion type movement to get out from underneath it...I'm so smooth)

I hate when that happens

Be careful, you don't need any broken or bruised ribs. Can no one spot you? When you start doing really heavy loads, you might need one to keep progressing. I did.

I have been in that situation before

Since I usually lift alone, I now use a cage w/ the low arms set to hold the weight in case I can't press it back up...here lately though I have had a spotter.

At any rate, that is a pretty impressive workout!

Thanks!

I work out at my office gym and its a ghost town when I'm there! There is supposed to be a staff member around but I rarely see her. I usually just avoid going to failure on bench - just wasn't paying enough attention!

I take it the office gym doesn't feature a smith machine or cage/power rack of any type? Or a bench machine w/ weight stack?

There are youtube vids of how to get out from under "stuck" lifts, but most of them are scary!

They have a Jones machine instead of a power rack. I use it for squatting, I suppose I could start using it for benching. Beats being trapped under a bar I guess.

12/14/2010:

My throat is really messed up today, I'm home from work. Haven't been eating much, just managed to choke down some soy milk with really soggy cereal in it. Bleh.

12/14/2010:

My throat is really messed up today, I'm home from work. Haven't been eating much, just managed to choke down some soy milk with really soggy cereal in it. Bleh.

You've been infected, haven't you?

http://blog.newsarama.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/the_walking_dead_comic.gif

(fail...dropped the bar on myself...had to do a weird contortion type movement to get out from underneath it...I'm so smooth)

Oh, no, the dreaded "roll of shame!" I've done that quite a bit too. Since I'm still working with somewhat light weights, it doesn't usually seem like that big of a deal to me. I came up with some sort of quick-butt-scoot maneuver while sort of launching the bar forward, so it lands in front of my pelvis on the bench instead of directly on top of it. It's probably not too good for the bench, though.

Thanks! Well at least I left the apartment today and made it to work!

I was thinking of going to the gym today but the walk to work tired me out and I feel weak as a kitten and kind of faint (it's only a 15 min. walk). I think I'm just going to skip it and let myself rest. Will throw some weights around on Monday - which will be my last time with the weights before I leave for the holidays. Super excited to see my family, NOT super excited to see snow.

Taking off tomorrow for the holidays. I'm still coughing and sneezing all over the place. Guess I get to be that jerk on the plane that makes everyone else sick.

Anyway, I think the worst of it is over. Didn't get in a final lifting session before I left. Might do some bodyweight stuff at my parents' place. They don't have internet (I know, I know) so I probably won't be around much.

Happy holidays everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay wow, long time. So I was healthy the whole time I was home in Canada, had a great holiday, lots of time with my family. Came back to California and immediately got sick AGAIN. Ugh. I think our immune systems just aren't used to the virus strains down here. Part of the problem is my husband is more susceptible to colds and what-not, but then he gets sick and passes it on to me. Oh well. Fingers crossed that we will be healthy from now on.

I took a bit of a break from weights as I was feeling so crummy, back at it today. Was feeling kind of weak still so I lowered the weights some.

Squats:

45x5

65x5

95x5

95x5

105x5

105x5

105x5

(felt really weak on squats, oh well, it will come back)

Bench:

45x5

65x5

65x5

75x5

75x5

75x5

BB Row:

45x5

80x5

80x5

80x5

80x5

80x5

Assisted Dips:

30x5

30x5

30x5

30x3 (fail)

30x5

I had every intention of getting up early this morning and going for a run before work, but the jerks that live above us woke me up with their music late last night. I phoned security and they quieted down, but then I couldn't get back to sleep. Feeling very zombie-like today.

bcaa's

<>

tvp meatloaf, apple

protein + water

chickpea quinoa salad, satsuma

protein + soy milk