Weight training plan and how to progress further

If you want to gain muscle in order to help you push your personal records, you need to do 2 things:

1. Increase the % of carbohydrate/decrease % of fat. Metabolism studies show the best body recomposition result from very high carb, very low fat diets (see my other posts for details and scientific references).

2. Increase total kcal - overfeeding studies reflect basic physics. Excess energy is inevitably converted to energy stores, with a minimum 75% efficiency. High fat diets are much more efficient because fat loses a mere 3% when processed - carbs and protein lose up to 30% when converted to fat stores! Studies demonstrate this, and it's why recomposition is best with carbohydrate overfeeding versus Isocaloric fat overfeeding. I've related some of the astounding results in my previous posts, but let's just say I've spent a couple years sifting through the metabolism literature, and the science is well established, though extremely unpopular considering the weight of the evidence.

hey veganmaster,

I will surely go thru your posts: I am mailing my current plan and I would like to have some feedback from you people.

6:30 AM

Shake- soymilk, cashews(handful), sunflower seeds(handful), 4 strawberries, 2 banana/1 Mango, 1 spoonful Peanut butter.

8 AM

Baby Lima beans(Microwaved) or meatless soybean dogs (light life). It has 36 gms of soy protein and Multivitamins supplement

10 AM

Sandwich with boca burger patty, 3 slices of tofu, tomato slices, onions and 1 almond cheese slice.

Workout -- 12:00 PM

1:30 PM

1 glass soymilk, Lunch - 2 tortillas, cooked beans or vegetables

4 PM

1 Apple/1 Cucumber, Handful of almonds, 1 small bowl baby carrots

6:30 PM

1 glass juice, Kashi Go lean honey roasted almond cereals in soymilk (500 mg omega 3) OR a shake as prepared in the morning

9 PM

Dinner - 2-3 bowls of cooked beans, 1 tortilla (optional), juice or some fruits.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am back 6 weeks after my first post in this thread. As adviced by you people last time, I introduced mass excercises in my workouts. I limited my workouts to 4 excercises in every training session with increased number of sets.

I have got some gains in terms of weights I lift. I see some changes in me after 5 months of training, I can see muscle shapes forming up everywhere on the body but it is not at all visible. People say that I have become more lean. I still feel that I am far from what I want to look like.

It looks like I am gaining muscels very slowly. Some of my friends told me that you do not workout properly. According to them, it is normal to have sore muscels next day after workout and only then body develops. It does not happen to me always. My arms and shoulders arent getting sore these days. Also I am not able to increase weights for arms and shoulders workouts. How important it is to get your muscels sore after every workout?

One of my main concerns is my weight which has remained fairly constant at 174 lbs. As a software programmer, I found that I can still maintain this weight if I eat 1200 cal/day. My job does not require me to have more calories or may be my metabolism is extremely slow. So I have decided to lower down my calories to 2200 cal/day. I think I do not need more than this for building body. I have also increased cardio to loose more body fat. My diet is a healthy diet than being a high protein diet. I need to know how important it is to have high protein like 1g/lb?

I am returning back to India next week. My challenge will be to change my diet as many of the things I am eating in the USA will not be available in India esp. the high protein food sources. I would not get soymilk, tofu, hemp protein and flax seeds easily or they would be quite costly.

Edited by wetnwildnik