2009 North American Vegan Fitness gathering!

loveliberate

We have our Vegan Vacation every year......and we may be doing a few per year in different geographic areas based on number of members....D.C. for example, has a great community already. I enjoyed my visits there this summer and it was like mini Vegan Vacation.

We haven't attracted a lot of veganfitness.net members in the past, but maybe hosting an event on that site will bring some of them out as well as some members from here, for a larger overall event.

Just be warned....the Organizing part takes a heck of a lot of work.

If an event is put together and I'm available, I'd likely attend

Hey man,

I'm in full support of your event. I just want to make sure it has great opportunities to succeed. We've done 3 Vegan Vacations and #2 was much better attended than #3, though all have been awesome for many reasons.

I'm leaning big time toward L.A.

I did 3 talks there and had about 120 people come out....all were short notice.

The #1 Gym in the World is there and I love training there at the Mecca, as well as outdoors at Muscle Beach. Tons of vegan restaurants, the mountains, the ocean, another beach house opportunity for us, etc.

Tonya Kay, Brendan Brazier, Ani Phyo, and a handful of forum members already live there.

I may even be living there too. So it will be like Portland, having that local community to be part of it...plus being a major airport, it should be affordable to fly to from any part of the world.

I think we'll also piggy back the National Animal Rights Conference, so Vegan Vacationers can come to that awesome event, as well as Vegan Vacation and at the event which attracts 700-1000 vegans or so, we'll pick up many interested in our V.V. and sign them up right there for a spot in the beach house, even if they are locals.

So I think L.A. in summertime is where we're looking at and since Jessify or I will most likely be in charge of it, we'll just make that decision rather than taking polls because if we (or you or someone who has organized in the past) doesn't make arrangements, it won't happen.

So, L.A. it is (most likely) for all those reasons and more.

I do want to fully support your vf.net/VBB.com joint meet-up in North America too. Great idea and we've always had cross-over members in the past at VV and it has been awesome!

All the best!

I'm way too busy to help organize, but I can help promote and please use this forum as an outlet for that too!

So