What about Small farms? Shouldn't we eat eggs if they don't

RAINRA

following is a standard definition of *egg*:

a. A female gamete; an ovum. Also called egg cell.

b. The round or oval female reproductive body of various animals, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes, and insects, consisting usually of an embryo surrounded by nutrient material and a protective covering.

c. The oval, thin-shelled reproductive body of a bird, especially that of a hen, used as food.

... i'll pass.

Following is a standard definition of *seed*:

(1): the grains or ripened ovules of plants used for sowing

(2): the fertilized ripened ovule of a flowering plant containing an embryo and capable normally of germination to produce a new plant ; broadly : a propagative plant structure (as a spore or small dry fruit)

Seeds, beans, nuts, fruits, grains, all used for reproduction. They contain embryonic material and nutrients. The only difference between them and what we traditionally think of as "eggs" is that the eggs come from animals. There's nothing inherent to them regarding reproductive function that isn't also associated with plenty of vegan foods.

a vegan does not sustain off of animal products ... are you suggesting we do not eat plant based seeds? guess we can all aim for breatharian.

I'm suggesting that if the point of the "egg" definition was the embryo/gamete/ovum/reproductive language, it doesn't hold water. There's nothing inherently wrong with eating the reproductive material of other living things. We are constantly dining on embryos and gametes.

I'm suggesting that if the point of the "egg" definition was the embryo/gamete/ovum/reproductive language, it doesn't hold water. There's nothing inherently wrong with eating the reproductive material of other living things. We are constantly dining on embryos and gametes.

i believe there is a big distinction between a plant and animal based diet. yes, everything is alive. but i will choose the seed over an animals egg. if you are ethically ok with eating eggs, it is personal choice. i do hope, however, the animals are treated well ... as many others have noted.

i believe there is a big distinction between a plant and animal based diet. yes, everything is alive. but i will choose the seed over an animals egg. if you are ethically ok with eating eggs, it is personal choice. i do hope, however, the animals are treated well ... as many others have noted.

I believe there's a distinction as well, but it really just boils down to animal vs plant. The only part of the definition of "egg" that matters is that it comes from an animal. The fact that it's reproductive material isn't distinctive.