MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 of my Level 1 crossfit certification is done and it was AWESOME! All of the trainers there are top notch and it is super impressive to me to learn from the likes of athletes like chris spealler.

Workouts:

Tabata squats 8 rounds of 20 on 10 off

Jump Rope - 1 hour (just to keep warm during lunch)

"Fran" - modified for 1 arm

for time 21- 15 - 9 reps of

20lb kettlebell thruster

1 arm jumping pullups

Time 3:22

I had to modify because of the shoulder injury but it was awesome to be able to participate in the group WOD.

I did ok with all of the training exercises because we were mostly using PVC pipe which is light enough for my shoulder.

I finally got good medicine ball cleans down. It was something I never had good form on until today so that was sooooo exciting. Looking forward to DAY 2 tomorrow!!!!!

Crossfit has such a great community of people. I love being around people that love to workout hard.

me too! getting ready for day two now. This is going to be interesting as Crossfit advocates a Zone Paleo diet. The zone formula can be applied to anything so it can be vegan. Paleo not so much although I do agree with people eating most foods that naturally occur like fruit and vegetables over highly procressed foods. I just think the discussions today will be interesting.

While Im talking about food I forgot to add my food from yesterday

Tofu Scramble

VEGA WFO w/ Coconut Water

Thai Tofu w/ Broccoli, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Peanuts

Sloppy Tempeh

romaine salad

Carobed Almonds

and from friday

spouted grain bagel

thai tofu with curried veggies and rice

peanuts

2 slices vegetable pizza (vegan no cheese)

vega wfo

romaine salad w. roasted asparagus

potato gnocchi w/ marinara

I need to clean up my diet a bit. I would like to eat less grain.

Thanks for much for the compliments. It honestly is my hope in life that I could be a good examples of a healthier lifestyle and of what kind of workouts/athletism you can have with a vegan diet.

Day 2 of the training went very well! I am OFFICIALLY a Level 1 Certified Crossfit trainer now. So not I get to pass on the message of crossfit as well as the message of veganism. I'm up for it though as I think both are really beneficial to living a healthy FIT life.

Today's workout was

As many rounds as possible of:

11 25lb Kettlebell swings

7 Situps

got 16 rounds in the 10 minute time cap

Also jumped rope for about an hour (some small breaks)

Also did a lot of drills and skill today. A little stiff after the car ride we'll see how I feel tomorrow Hope to have time to ice my shoulder later.

tofu scramble

oj

banana

thai tofu w/broccoli and carrots

vega wfo w/coconut water

carob almonds

vega vibrancy bar

2 sprouted grain bagels w/

Sloppy Tempeh and Black Beans

Thanks so much!

I just notice i forgot to talk about the paleo discussion. Honestly they focused mostly on eating "Zone" and only mentioned what paleo is and good reasons to do it rather quickly. So that wasn't much of a discussion. Overall the presentation was decent, better than I expected.

warmup

Jump Rope - a few minutes

10 Hip Back Extensions

Jog 400 meters

WOD:

For time: except i forgot the start the stop watch so i have no time for this "event" which was a tough one

21 Hip Back Extension

run 400 meters

18 Hip Back Extensions

Run 400 Meters

15 Hip Back Extension

run 400 meters

12 Hip Back Extensions

Run 400 Meters

9 Hip Back Extension

run 400 meters

6 Hip Back Extensions

Run 400 Meters

3 Hip Back Extension

run 400 meters

My lower back was smoked. I spent most of the run thinking about the upcoming set of extensions.

food

Vega WFO w/ Coconut Water

Vibrnacy Bar

Leftover tofu scramble (small) Leftover Sloppy Tempeh (Small)

Peanut Butter

2 veggie burgers w/ Eggplant Caponata

Banana

Granola w/ Soy Yogurt

No CF today

1.5 hours of shoulder rehab. Shoulder is sore I need to ice it tonight. Getting a little frustrated with how long this rehab process if taking. My shoulder is stonger but still much too weak. Still can't do what I want with it. Sounds like it will be months more. I know it is getting better but I am impatient.

33.30 minute road run on mostly hills.

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Vibrancy bar

Tofu, BRown Rice, Veggies

Soy yogurt and granola

French Lentils, Brown Rice, Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli

thanks guys!

I had to cover the CF gym the last couple nights so I was pretty tired and didn't post for a few days. But it was super rewarding, I love coaching people through their wods. So here's a catchup post.

VEGA WFO w/Coconut Water

Granola and Soy Yogurt

Tofu, Veggies (zucchini, carrots, broccoli, mushrooms baby corn), Miso Soup (small) Iceburg Salad (small)

Vibrancy Bar

French Lentils, Brown Rice, Broccoli

WOD:

Four rounds for time of

50 meters - walking lunges

50 situps

Time 14:54

VEGA WFOw/Coconut Water

Soy Yogurt w/ Granola

2 kashi vegetable pockets

Banana

Vibrancy Bar

Tempeh Hoisin, Spag. Squash

carob raisins

Shoulder Rehab - 1.5 hours

increasing my weight and adding more exercises

some plyo pushups, chair dips, overhead med ball throws onto trampoline catching overhead

Run 3 laps

30 - 24 inch box jumps

rest 3 minutes

Run 2 laps

20 - box jumps @ 24 inches

rest 2 minutes

Run 1 lap

10 box jumps @ 24 inches

rest 1 minute

Run 1 lap

10 box jumps @ 24 inches

rest 1 minute

Run 1 lap

10 box jumps @ 24 inches

rest 1 minute

Strict Chest to Bar Pullups w/ band assistance

Chest really sore from plyo pushups and new shoulder work yesterday.

Vega wfo

2 kashi veggie pockets (haven't had time to cook this week and almost out of food so cleaning out the freezer , but to the store tomorrow and back to more real foods)

granola w/ soy yogurt

Acorn Squash stuffed with Black Beans, Onions, Tomatoes, Pine nuts, Vegan Mozz Cheese

carobed raisins

2 hours - shoulder rehab today - felt pretty sore but got through it. Looking forward to resting upper body a bit.

CF WOD

5 rounds of

Hip - Back Extensions 25

GHD Situps 20

Working on actively hanging from bar and kipping swings. did a few kipping pullups w. weight assistance from brennan.

@viva - They are ok. I much prefer to make my own meals compared to eating something like this but they are a decent option when time crunched.

Jump Rope - 5 minutes for warmup

4 rounds for time of

Row 500 meters

Medicine Ball Cleans with 10 lb med ball

I was really time rushed today so the workout was short. I haven't been rowing or "cleaning" so I wanted to see how my shoulder responded to this kind of work. I kept the cleans very light and made it more of a met con workout.

Felt a lot better today but was still a little sore from the plyo pushups. Was planning on taking a rest day tomorrow but i'll see how I feel tomorrow. I also did some hanging and kipping swings off a pullup bar again to work on that with my shoulder.

vega wfo

vibrancy bar

potato, carrot, eggplant, chickpea stew

carobed raisins & almonds

piece of leftover stuffed squash

roasted cashews

banana

Yeah I dig Carob because I try to stay away from any caffeine sources and therefore chocolate. (which i do love!)

@mikkei - FLR exercise I think stands for a Floor Exercise in gymnastics. Crossfit uses some gymnastic movements in its programming. However to be certain I would have to know more about what the routine you were looking at was. Not sure if this helped?

I decided to take a rest day today and just do some cleaning, organizing and cooking around my place and go out shopping to get ready for Halloween my favorite holiday!

rest day food from yesterday

2 ezekiel tortilla with marinara, vegan mozz cheese and broccoli

Banana

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Slice of butterbut squash stuffed with brown rice veggie mixture

tempeh bacon

cashews

carob almonds

steamed broccoli with baba ganoush and hummus

I decided I am going to add a training log on crossfit.com. I want to interact with the crossfit community outside of my local box more. I also want to promote veganism on that site as I think it is pretty rare there. crossfit approves the zone diet(which can be done vegan) and paleo eating. It will be interesting to see what kind of reactions/comments my log gets there.

warmup jog 2 laps

CF WOD

"Michael"

3 rounds for time of

Run 3 laps

50 back extensions

50 situps

time: 27.53

vega wfo w/coconut water

vibrancy bar

steamed broccoli and cauliflower w/hummus and baba ganoush

granola w/ soy yogurt

carobed almonds

bell peppers stuffed with TVP and red beans covered w/enchilada sauce

Banana

Thanks for your support guys! I didn't start the blog on CF last night. I ended up spending too much time reading others blogs which didn't leave me enough time to start my own. The format they use is two different logs on for actual workouts and thoughts on the workouts and then another nutritional journal for food intake. So I am pondering starting two seperate blogs on there. Personally I would rather but it all in one place so that I could link the food to my workouts like I do on here. the CF messages boards have many users. I'll let you know how it goes!

Went to shoulder rehab today. my shoulder has been sore lately I am going to take out the bar hangs and kipping and see if it gets less irritated. I think it is too much stress on it right now. It's disappointed but I don't want to go through all of this time out and therapy to screw it up and have to do it all over again.

Have CF later tonight. I'm thinking if giving back squats a try. I've only been doing front squats post op.