Octopussoir's '09-'10 BB'ing Competitions

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Loving the videos! Keep them coming! I like the ones with food too, in addition to the training. I'd love to see more. The only reason I'm not posting more videos is because I filled my harddrive and can't upload anymore photos or videos until I get an additional harddrive.

Anyway, great stuff! See you on stage in 3.5 weeks! Time to nail down some music and a posing routine and practice it regularly.

YB!

My internet has been "revoked" this week, but I am able to be on right now to post my workout:

Today started with a:

8am- 45min cardio session on Precor

10am- 30min in sauna

2pm- 10min warmup on treadclimber,

1 hour workout consisting of abs, delts, and a little chest

20min cardio on treadclimber

7pm- 1hr cardio: 20min bike, 20min precor, 20min treadmill(3min walk/2 min run) with 20 standing ab roll-outs

MAN! I need to train more. Been caught up handling other stuff. Great day I haven't done an ounce of cardio in almost 3 days but i'm dieting strict as you know right now; hopefuly that works?

BTW Bloods SUCK. They gotta be better out there. Bring me one! Maybe it will make it to post competition. We'll refridgerate it otherwise you can always mail me one. Now i gotta see what the hubbub is all about

Check in with Lean and Green about some pre-contest stuff.....he is getting RIPPED and I'm serious man! He is shredded wheat right now and must be doing many things right!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to go train and do cardio and diet to catch up!

20 days to go and I have a sore throat. Its not too bad. I went into the gym yest feeling horrible and left feeling pretty damn good. Its making a nostril run, teeth hurt, and eyes feel pressure.

Here is what I had to eat yest:

AM: 2 SunW shakes in choco almond milk(only 3 carbs for 8 oz and I have about 3-4oz) 1 scp Vega

Post workout 2 SunW shakes

2oz Arugala w/2Tbsp Nutiva hemp oil, 3 Tbsp Nutiva hemp seeds, 1 avacado

1 shake in choco almond milk(all is unsweet..0g sugar)

1/2 c quinoa/brown rice

I made a mixture of things last night and will last me a few meals:

16oz turnip greens

10 baby carrots

3 small squash

2 broccoli crowns

3 med red potato

2 handfuls of mushrooms

1 brick of tofu

Had more than what I probably should have(2 bowls), but it was so damn good for me nutrient wise. Im bumping up my cardio once again to be super shredded(if I can). Im making more video diaries and will try to post more this week as I have the internet back. If you havent tried Sun Warrior yet and need a great tasting/working protein please visit http://www.veganproteins.com and get ya a jug. You wont regret it!

great stuff brother, man you looooooove that quinoa eh! It's a nice grain.

Good work on the dieiting. We can all thank thendanisays for her keen understanding of ratios and what to implement. Thanks to her I now have confidence in the portions I am having and Robert has followed suit and it looks like you are as well!

Keep up the great work budday, less than 3 weeks to go!

The local show might not go on; i'll flip but it's beyong our control. They don't have enough athletes. Hopefully they get more and they don't close us down. I've been prepping for it

Stay in touch Jimi!

Here is me before I went tanning. I could have gotten quite a bit more pumped, but I said hell with it. lol I think Ill look better as my weight drops and bf goes down a little more.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2lvyefn.jpg

This one was last week in the middle of a training session.

http://i40.tinypic.com/r8z3tf.jpg

Edited by Octopussoir

Damn!

A lot of muscle there!

Well done sir!

Will continue to be in touch about food, etc.

Again, I'd suggest exploring around general bodybuilding forums where there are thousands of competitors rather than just a handful...sure they aren't vegan but the principles of grams of carbs, fats, proteins, etc. are the same.

8:30am:

I did 20min cardio(precor)

+

noon:

10min treadclimber

1 hour upper back and some biceps

10min treadmill(in between sets)

+

5:30pm

20min bike

20min treadmill

---------------

1 hour 20min total cardio

I have had lots of Sun Warrior shakes today in water and cinnamon. I added cloves in one, but it was way too spicy.

After talking to RC and LnG I feel better and back on track with my eating. I think the week I was out of SW vanilla protein powder did something to me mentally. I was on a roll with them and drinking so much everytime I felt a food craving.

Hey brother; looking wayyyyyyyyY better! I like what I see We're gonna be shredded wheat out there

My waist keeps shrinking by the day as well; down to 31" this morning. I'm right there with you budday You got the size, i'll be looking alot thinner than you but very conditioned. Do your thing boss

SIKED

Some pre-contest tips I got about pumping up before getting on stage: FYI:

This is taken from Layne Norton's precontest article. I think he does an excellent job summing it up:

"When pumping up you should perform exercises in a circuit fashion starting with delts, then chest, then back, then biceps and repeat. Use higher repetitions (10-15) with lighter weights and go at a moderate pace. Do not pump the legs, triceps or abs as pumping these body parts may make them difficult to flex."

~http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

Dude Octo, your traps are like mountains. Damn!

Lol, get this... I dont work them. HA HA HA. I get bored. doing shrug after shrug after shrug. EH... I used to shrug 7 plates each side when I was heavier and it seemed like it made my neck thicker and not really much more height on the traps so I quit.

@RC thanks bro. Tips help.

Yest I did 30min(2000) steps on stair stepper and did legs. I was actually able to do seated leg curls which I havent been able to do in weeks. I smith squatted 245lbs for 5. Was not the best lookin set but not the worst either.

Today I did 1.5 hours of super setting chest and back with 10min on the bike in between. Today I woke up with the driest throat and mouth ever, but did weigh in at 178lbs. I even double checked it at work just to see and got the same result. Body is tighter. I felt stronger today for some reason. Even though I had a small bowl of oats and a few rice cakes and a shake(spread out throughout morning). Weird. Im about to go and do another hour of arms or so and some cardio. Thank You so much Giacomo and RC for inspiring me to eat even cleaner. Ill post a couple pics from today.

Lol, get this... I dont work them. HA HA HA. I get bored. doing shrug after shrug after shrug. EH... I used to shrug 7 plates each side when I was heavier and it seemed like it made my neck thicker and not really much more height on the traps so I quit.

It's funny, often the most outstanding bodyparts respond to little or no direct training stimulus whereas others need to get beaten for the smallest amount of growth. But hey, 7 plates a side is huge, you should do it again just to film it mate

Arg... I worked out my arms and had an elbow pain when doing triceps yest. So frustrated! I couldnt even finish out tri's. So disappointing. Anyway... Today Im gonna lay off a bit and just do some abs and cardio. I did 10min on stair stepper and 10min on elliptical. Here is a picture taken yest:

http://i43.tinypic.com/1ru8et.jpg

Sweet pic dude!

Check in with Lean and Green too....I went from teacher to student real quickly watching him progress and adapt and improve. He's got all kinds of tips, strategies, secrets, etc. and is shredded!!!!!!!!!

He had veins all over his stomach etc. last night when I saw him.......

You're looking great dude, and you seem to be handling things well. I'm having rough times, Lean and Green is having rough times, part of it is our first show in 72 hours on our minds but anyway, you're handling things well, and we'll see you soon.

Have a great week! Will text/call u on Saturday with up to date results, etc. from backstage.

Hello,

Sorry for posting this publicly, but I was "not permitted" to email you directly via this site. I am a physician at a large cancer center in Houston who is interested in researching improvements in chemotherapy and radiation side effects as well as cancer recurrence rates in patients that we have treated.

I know any conversation about optimal diet is extremely controversial. However, I came across a recent article in Newsweek that mentioned how individuals who are members of a Calorie Restriction Society have globally reduced markers of inflammation, though surprisingly with the exception of IGF-1. [iGF-1 (Insulin Like Growth Factor) is increasingly being shown to be responsible not just in cancer formation, but in the recurrence of cancers after treatment]. The reason that these dieters did not have lower IGF-1 was determined to be due to a higher % consumption of protein (about 25%) in their diet. Of note, none of these patients were vegetarian.

The researcher, Dr. Luigi Fontana, looked a little further and found that vegans with approx 10% protein intake did not have elevated IGF-1. He then had some of his original patients reduce their protein intake to 10%, and found that they too had reductions in IGF-1.

He however, did not look at the difference between animal vs vegetable protein. T Colin Campbell has looked at this in mice (as documented in the China Study), but no one has looked at this in humans. From the conversations in this forum, I see that many vegan bodybuilders eat about 20-25% protein, though all of vegetable source. I would be willing to bet that you guys also had as low levels of IGF-1 (and other inflammatory markers) as those vegans who eat 10% protein.

If I can convince Dr. Fontana of the intellectual benefit of this question, would you and your fellow colleagues be willing to have your blood serum tested? It may provide the necessary data for me to get approval to study animal protein free diets for my cancer patients.

Please let me know at your earliest. If you email me via the site, I can send you a private email address. I can also email you the above mentioned study as well.

Thanks,