Precontest diet strategy

Okay this one goes out to all my competitors. In the past when competing as a carniovore, I cut all supplements at six weeks out. As a vegetarian, I find a lot more of my protein comes from supplement sources. That said I am curious what competitors are doing to avoid that soft and bloated look that comes with too many supplements (e.g. protein barrs) close to competition time. If you are normally a bar/powder person, what are you doing to up the protein during that last month and a half? I usually don't lose a lot of muscle during that last little bit of dieting, and I am curious what other vegan competitors are doing to preserve muscle during that last leg of contest prep.

Thanks in advance, Steve

When I'm in the last 4 weeks I cut out all my supplements, except for aminos and creatine, which I use until the last week before removing.

I just try and use the plainest, highest protein foods, like plain tofu and tempeh for my protein sources, which can be a bit boring and not the most nutritious way to go but at that point of time it's not about health as much as it's about getting lean.

I am not really a bar person, although I like to have some greens bars in the off season.

The reason I keep the aminos (it's plain essential aminos) and creatine in is because I still try and train heavy and keeping as much size as possible can make the difference on stage.

I only take them in small amounts but I still keep them in till I start depleting.

I think try and use wholefoods, like tofu, tempeh and possibly seitan if you don't have an intolerance and base your diet around them.

I just try and use the plainest, highest protein foods, like plain tofu and tempeh for my protein sources, which can be a bit boring and not the most nutritious way to go but at that point of time it's not about health as much as it's about getting lean.

Myself as well. Also, I have found some PP shakes bloat me more than others. I steer away from the one's that do.