where do i start.

hey everyone i am new to the forum and new to the lifestyle. 6 months ago i was hospitalized and was very ill, so my doctor recommended that i try a vegetarian diet, so i did. now i have moved into the vegan lifestyle and feeling so much healthier. i miss bodybuilding and i keep hearing that it is impossible to compete as a vegan. as a meat eater i competed as a light weight, but you wouldnt know that by looking at me now. it has been a few years and a few pounds since the last show. i want to start fresh but do not know where to begin with what to eat, how much to eat, how to train, and so on. i am making the assumption it is different than meat eating training. is recovey different? anyway, i am 5' 11" and a fat 205 and i need help. also i have a trader joe's close to my house and i prefer to shop there because the have more options than a regular grocery store. i hope this information will be helpful to anyone who wants to help me.

dwayne

You can certainly do anything as a vegetarian or vegan that you could do as a meater...BUT it is defintely harder.

Where to start?

Look up Bill Pearl.

How about checking out www.mikemahler.com

He's a vegan, not a bodybuilder, but he is extremely strong and has a build most dudes would want. He trained and helped Mac Danzig (UFC) become a vegan.

His website is LOADED with tons of training information and there is some nutrition stuff there as well.

Check out the books "The Thrive Diet", "The Warrior Diet" and "The Anti-Estrogenic Diet".