Deep South Vegans :D!

Fungitarian

Hey, my names Alan I'm 24 and live in Daphne, AL. (a suburb of mobile at the very bottom) I've been a veggie/vegan for about 7 years. I eat about 50-60% raw mostly lentils, greens, fruits, nuts n seeds, and lots of fresh veggie juice ! I've been working out for about three years (really hard about the past year); mostly weight lifting and cycling. I began to eschew meat from my diet when i was 17 when i learned about factory farming, and quickly fell into issues such as enviromental sustainabilty, vivisection, health ;you know the whole shabang. I have an awesome rescued Pit bull named Taft ( the honorable ) hes pretty much my bff. I'm not really sure what to write in these things :\ I'm a pretty Random person kinda spastic enjoy Singing & Dancing ,although neither very well , hiking, camping, generally being outdoors makes me happy i dont have my own computer,i use the one at the library, i do however have a WII with some intraweb capabilities but not much, so I'll try and update as much as possible. im not really sure what else to say... maybe "I Love Pigs !!!"

-Alan

So awesome that there are a handful of members all from that area. AL is going to be like OR soon! Vegans everywhere!

It was in AL that I first had "soy bacon" etc. from a store in Florence. I was there for a week back in 2000.

Time to make it back out there for a visit!

We should do a forum-member meet-up out there in AL and get Zack and a few others from nearby states or cities to come out too.

So awesome that there are a handful of members all from that area. AL is going to be like OR soon! Vegans everywhere!

It was in AL that I first had "soy bacon" etc. from a store in Florence. I was there for a week back in 2000.

Time to make it back out there for a visit!

We should do a forum-member meet-up out there in AL and get Zack and a few others from nearby states or cities to come out too.

I vote YES to this. There are many people I impressed with knowledge, body-type, and personal being at the raw potluck I went to. They meet up every other week or so... would be awesome for you to inspire even more cool people.