Not enough calories?

poops

Is there such a thing when trying to cut? I'm trying to get my BF% down while maintaining the muscle I have. I feel great, but it doesn't seem like I'm eating a whole lot. I've eaten the following for about a week:

Ultimate Meal w/ apple & banana

B12 supp.

3/4 c oatmeal

1/3 c almonds

1/3 c raisins

3/4 c brown rice or quinoa

1/2 c beans

1 tomato

1 sweet potato

1 giant handful baby spinach

Should I make any changes or keep with this?

Background:

I'm 6'2" and about 186 now w/ a BF% in the low teens. Ideally, I would like to walk around at 180(the weight I want to fight at) and single digit BF

Training consists of heavy weights and low reps(20 mins) and martial arts(1-1.5 hrs.)

Is there such a thing when trying to cut?

Not really. Unless, of course, you could your calories to such a ridiculously low level that you start losing muscle together with the fat.

I'm trying to get my BF% down while maintaining the muscle I have. I feel great, but it doesn't seem like I'm eating a whole lot. I've eaten the following for about a week:

B12 supp.

3/4 c oatmeal

1/3 c almonds

1/3 c raisins

3/4 c brown rice or quinoa

1/2 c beans

1 tomato

1 sweet potato

1 giant handful baby spinach

Should I make any changes or keep with this?

Background:

I'm 6'2" and about 186 now w/ a BF% in the low teens. Ideally, I would like to walk around at 180(the weight I want to fight at) and single digit BF

Training consists of heavy weights and low reps(20 mins) and martial arts(1-1.5 hrs.)

Not sure how many calories and how much protein all that is, but if you're losing 1-2lb per week and maintaining your strenght, you're probably doing fine.

I'd recommend taking in roughly (I say roughly because there's no need to stress over precise amounts) 1g/lb of protein. It may not be necessary, but it ain't gonna hurt either.

Good luck!

I would guess I'm at no more than 1500 calories, but only around 60g of protein.

As long as I'm not noticing a decrease in strength, should the low protein level (compared to the 1g/lb) be a concern? Or would upping my protein intake make shedding fat any easier even though it would be an increase in calories?

I would guess I'm at no more than 1500 calories, but only around 60g of protein.

As long as I'm not noticing a decrease in strength, should the low protein level (compared to the 1g/lb) be a concern? Or would upping my protein intake make shedding fat any easier even though it would be an increase in calories?

1500 calories seems very low to me. Especially if you're training multiple times per week. You shouldn't be losing any more than 1-2 pounds a week. Unless you're way overweight.

No, an increase in protein intake certainly wouldn't make fat-loss any speedier, but it may be wise if you want to preserve as much muscle as possible. Experiment, see how you feel and track your progress. That's the only fool-proof way to find what works and what doesn't work for you personally.