I'm coming to Portland... reccomend me a drop in gym!

Hi all,

I posted this in the Portland thread too.. so mods, if it's inappropriate to be here too (I'm just trying to get as much adivce as I can before I leave tomorrow) be please feel free to delete it. I left the rest of the post here, but for this thread of the forum, I'm mainly looking for advice on where I can work out.

I'll be in Portland on Saturday (the 28th) until September 2nd. I'm very much looking forward to checking out this incredibly progressive, beautiful, and vegan friendly city (I'm coming from Alberta, which is beef central... so it's going to be a liberating experience).

So, what should I do there!? I'm brining my bike with me, and I'm thinking that we'll do a lot of biking (both around town checking the city out, and elsewhere doing mountain biking). Some things we've already thought of are:

- Forest Park

- Mt. St Hood

- Coffee Shop exploring (finding the best 3rd wave shop, with the best direct trade espresso!)

- Cannon Beach

Anything else? What MUST I do in Portland?

Also, anyone know any cheap and nice drop in gyms that I can get a good workout at?

And most importantly: which vegan restaurants are a must!? There's so many to choose from. Choice is not something we're used to here in Edmonton (We have ONE vegan restaurant, and a few vegetarian).

Thanks!

- Jordan

Check out Loprinzi's Gym on SE 41st and Division.

I filmed most of my Vegan Brothers in Iron documentary there. It is one of the oldest gyms in the country. Very old school...they welded the equipment themselves in many cases. Made their own weights and then got machines, etc.

Worth the visit.

It's like $8 to drop in I think. Maybe $10, but I think $8 is what I paid per visit.

Enjoy Portland!