New vegan! Oh and new to bodybuilding...

AllWeekWarrior

Hello all! I became interested in bodybuilding recently. I have been a personal trainer for a couple years and maintained a "fit" lifestyle and body but I wanted more. I wanted to gain, and gain hard. I logged onto Bodybuilding.com and realized that the majority of their diets had you eating a couple dozen eggs or a couple pounds of meat per day! Plus, their forums were less than welcoming. So I wanted a bit more welcoming of a place for the veganism and maybe learn more of building over there.

I tried a vegan/raw diet that lasted about a month (until I started seeing someone new) and really enjoyed the way I felt. After reading Kimberly Snyder and watching plenty of documentaries, it started to make sense why I felt so great. So, I wanted to get back into a vegan lifestyle.

I decided to Google "vegan bodybuilding" and... well, what do you know. After browsing the site for a day, I was impressed at the profiles/results and wanted to delve further. I purchased a few books yesterday and am excited to get back to feeling how I was but also putting on pounds of muscle in the process.

I'll be lurking around the forums, soaking up every bit of knowledge ) Thanks for any help you can give!

Mike from OH

You're not alone, a lot of bodybuilding.com emigrants in here. You'll find a much more welcoming and supportive vibe on these forums. Have fun checking out the archives and have fun watching your mind clear and your muscles grow. You're already body-smart so you'll have quick success, I'm sure. Welcome!

Baby Herc

Edited by Baby Hercules