Need some advice

Ok a few things about my self. First of all im 17 years old, 5'7 and weigh about 173. Im trying to lose about 35 to 40 pounds while gaining a little muscle. I have a incline bench and exercise bike and two 8 pound and two 15 pound dumbells. I try to do a balanced workout getting all my major muscles. Is there anything else i should do or is this a good start? Also im wandering about if anyone knows where to get a pullup bar that i can put up in my room tha't isnt to hard to install. Thanks. P.s. im vegan

I played warcraft 3. "hey alex some of us might be coming out to Cali in August - you should join us since you live there! Rob's can be your personal trainer for a week. " Thats cool, why are you guys coming to Cali?

alex,

probably the best thing you could do would be to start lifting at a gym. i assume your highschool has one? don't be turned off by lifting with the school jocks either. they will respect you just for trying. try get on a routine that has you lifting 3-4 days a week that comprises mostly of compound exercises (barbell bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, squats, deadlifts). someone there should be able to help you out with proper technique (maybe, maybe not). just focus mentally on getting stronger each week, train hard, and your body will adapt physically. a couple cardio sessions each week and a clean diet will help you lean out, but focus on strength training to see the best results. good luck.