Portland

Attila

Hi guys,

lately I read so much about Portland and how vegan friendly it is. I was wondering how it is in reality. Are there many vegan restaurants and grocery stores? Are there many vegan gatherings and parties and stuff like that? I would really like to visit it actually!

Cheers

Attila

I was there for two weeks and it was great...there are maybe 5 completely vegan restaurants. An uncountable number of vegetarian restaurants...and to me it seemed as if half of the grocery stores were Natural Food stores which was probably the biggest suprise...you also run into vegan everywhere you go...plus there is a vegan market(like a gas station market almost), right next to a vegan tattoo shop. They also have a vegan bike shop...and there is a great company thats vegan owned and they hand build bikes. This is just Portland...Eugene, Oregon which is about two hours away is almost as good which is insane to me. Also Seattle is really close two which is another extremely vegan friendly place...oh I think there's also a vegan pre-school in Portland as well...so you must go...you have no choice whatsoever

wow, that sounds absolutely unbelievable - literally! They do have a vegan pre-school???? :schock: Oh my gosh, I could not have imagined that there would exist such a place on this planet!

But why do they need a vegan bike shop? What is vegan on a bike and what not?