fruitarianism

Hero

man i really want to go fruitarian.

and just skip being raw. i seem to crave fruits more than anything. and i really cant bring myself to eat raw nuts. I feel like crap after i eat nuts.

i just want to eat watermelon, and oranges and tomatoes, and bananas and other fruits like all day.

it seems a rough journey though. i want to be able to build strength and muscle mass. i dont want to be really skinny and have any more aches and problems. i just want to be healthy and in good shape.

bigwii where are some links i can go to to research?

the only thing im gonna miss now is thai curry. but i think maybe in time i can get over it. i enjoy curry with cooked coconut in the curry, but i cant stand raw coconuts or coconut juice.

anyway im just rambling.

i think i want to just be fruitarian and perhaps just eat vega. or bigwii, should i skip the supplement all together? i really enjoy vega though

Hey man...for all things Fruitarian go here!

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?act=idx

It's my forum Fruitarian Fitness (New Banner is on the way)

We have just started a challenge so you can try it for 90 days and use that time to get settled into it....

If your really serious about it I/we'll support you through it....it's Fruitarian orientated and you'll find all your answers there, I've just set up a support section for beginners, also bare in mind that going Fruitarian is a huge step and should not be taken lightly so take time in making sure you know that your doing this for all the right reasons.....because it's pretty hardcore at first and will be so easy just to lose focus and quit!!!

Hope it helps.

and just skip being raw. i seem to crave fruits more than anything. and i really cant bring myself to eat raw nuts. I feel like crap after i eat nuts.

i just want to eat watermelon, and oranges and tomatoes, and bananas and other fruits like all day.

it seems a rough journey though. i want to be able to build strength and muscle mass. i dont want to be really skinny and have any more aches and problems. i just want to be healthy and in good shape.

the only thing im gonna miss now is thai curry. but i think maybe in time i can get over it. i enjoy curry with cooked coconut in the curry, but i cant stand raw coconuts or coconut juice.

anyway im just rambling.

i think i want to just be fruitarian and perhaps just eat vega. or bigwii, should i skip the supplement all together? i really enjoy vega though

Even though I'm nowhere near what kind of BB you guys are doing, I had these exact thoughts a few days ago when I was sick. So I just did it and I've been doing the fruitarian thing for a few days and certainly eating raw, with the exception of Vega smoothies in the mornings. Had great and level energy throughout the day, and needed less sleep. Very strange results, but good nevertheless and nothing else is different. Not sure what detox stuff is supposed to happen, but I'm going to stick with it for now.

anyway im just rambling.

Even though I'm nowhere near what kind of BB you guys are doing, I had these exact thoughts a few days ago when I was sick. So I just did it and I've been doing the fruitarian thing for a few days and certainly eating raw, with the exception of Vega smoothies in the mornings. Had great and level energy throughout the day, and needed less sleep. Very strange results, but good nevertheless and nothing else is different. Not sure what detox stuff is supposed to happen, but I'm going to stick with it for now.

Well as long as it feels natural to you, the detox stuff will be personal thing and if your not prepared for it will come across as sickness.

Research can be done here!

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?showforum=171

tonight I am having 100% fruitarian dinner. wohoo

I bought:

watermelon, avocado (which i dont enjoy), apple, bananas, strawberries, blackberries, etc.

i decided im just gonna go straight fruitarian once all my raw protein bars and couple packs of soydogs run out. i am working crazy hours and rediculous labor, but bring it on. im ready. im sure my body will figure something out, detox, and adapt and i will survive.

fruitarians can eat nuts right? cause theyre part of the fruit category?

i know bigwii you dont consume any. but i really want to eat some to get my vitamin E, protein, calories, etc.

i know when you went fruitarian you didnt pay attention to nutritional content.

nuts make me feel sick sometimes. but other times my body really craves them.

so once my food supply of raw bars and soydogs runs out (any day now)

im gonna eat all fruit and nuts and possibly VEGA (if i can afford it). no more cooking of food no matter how bad i want it. i just have to give it up.

i think this is a big transition to pretty much go straight into fruitarianism.

i will only consume: fruits, water, nuts, vega

and eventually one day work my way to just fruits.

so pretty soon i will be fruitarian (if i can call myself that) who consumes vega. if that makes any sense

You are not in charge of what you eat now!

When you go raw/fruitarian your submitting to your bodies needs at any given time.

You'll figure that out if you last.

BTW how much cleansing have you done in the past , how much prep work have you done so far and what cleansing methods are you planning to take on?

Believe me you don't wanna be one of those people confused with their head all messed up talking about how going Fruitarian ruined their life and made them sick....preperation and tons of research from the right sources are vital....

I don't recommend going straight Fruitarian because very few people can handle it or understand what's going on and end up resenting it, but if you feel like it's your calling then the choice is yours.

Be careful because going Fruitarian ain't no joke but if you feel like you must then I would seriously sit yourself down and come up with some stratergies like the ones I suggested earlier because your gonna go through some things...your gonna go through major withdrawls, major cleansing and major mind games!!!

But anyway I've already dun talked about that.

Anyway all the best buddy!

well ive been fasting like crazy, and eating very minimal and found out the days that i eat nothing but fruit, i feel healthy, strong.

ive actually been eating pretty much fruitarian some days already, with the exceptions of some soydogs or the ocassional soymilk or cooked meal sometimes during the week.

my body is craving fruits. ive been eating raw/fruitarian since october 2006 on and off. and trying to ween my body off cooked foods.

but i havent done any cleansings.

i figured i grew up never caring what i ate. then when i went vegan, i ate anything i could to bulk me up, even if there were transfats, potatoes, etc.

i didnt care as long as it tasted good. so now im just gonna eat what tastes good to me. and thats fruit and nuts. cause i never cared before and i became strong and healthy. now im finally caring what i eat but at the same time, i know my body will work itself out.

no cleansing for me.

and im the kind of person that usually jumps into things blind and sees em all the way thru.

i mean i tried going vegan and two months later gained 40 lbs of muscle, and everyone was asking me what i did and tons of ppl were asking me for advice. when all i did was ride my bicycle everyday to the gym and back, and ate whatever my body craved. and i just lifted heavy.

i was no expert.

well im skinny now and lost a lot of my cooked food muscle, and i am rebuilding my muscle pretty much raw.

im prepare to lose more weight/muscle and start all over.

i mean last night i turned down vegan pizza. and i really dont crave thai curry as much anymore....

im not giving in to my cravings.

i'll last. especially if i can eat nuts

well ive been fasting like crazy, and eating very minimal and found out the days that i eat nothing but fruit, i feel healthy, strong.

ive actually been eating pretty much fruitarian some days already, with the exceptions of some soydogs or the ocassional soymilk or cooked meal sometimes during the week.

my body is craving fruits. ive been eating raw/fruitarian since october 2006 on and off. and trying to ween my body off cooked foods.

but i havent done any cleansings.

i figured i grew up never caring what i ate. then when i went vegan, i ate anything i could to bulk me up, even if there were transfats, potatoes, etc.

i didnt care as long as it tasted good. so now im just gonna eat what tastes good to me. and thats fruit and nuts. cause i never cared before and i became strong and healthy. now im finally caring what i eat but at the same time, i know my body will work itself out.

no cleansing for me.

and im the kind of person that usually jumps into things blind and sees em all the way thru.

i mean i tried going vegan and two months later gained 40 lbs of muscle, and everyone was asking me what i did and tons of ppl were asking me for advice. when all i did was ride my bicycle everyday to the gym and back, and ate whatever my body craved. and i just lifted heavy.

i was no expert.

well im skinny now and lost a lot of my cooked food muscle, and i am rebuilding my muscle pretty much raw.

im prepare to lose more weight/muscle and start all over.

i mean last night i turned down vegan pizza. and i really dont crave thai curry as much anymore....

im not giving in to my cravings.

i'll last. especially if i can eat nuts

TRUST ME!!!

When I first started out I did the same thing, I was an eating machine, I ate everything, anyway when i went Fruitarian I thought i could do anything and nothing could defeat me...

Lemme tell you something, my detox came after a month or two and kicked the heck out of me, I got so sick I was bed ridden for 7 days, through out that initial period I got such a beating that I quit many, many times only to start over again, simply because I was refusing to cleans, I thought cleansing was unatural and my body was perfectly capable of doing it for itself, well I learnt the hardway that it can't, especially if your going straight Fruitarian, it's too cleasing and you body cannot keep up...

It's your choice but get a plan....because now all that stuff you ate before is gonna be getting all stirred up and will floating around in you twice as toxic!!!!

You gotta get that stuff out before you re-absorb it, that's why a lot of people don't feel good or get real sick and never feel good because they are just re-cycling their toxins.

You maybe feeling great now but that will end soon and your detox will come, you have a long journey buddy!!!

Again the cleansing...re-think it!!! but it's your choice.

Edited by Bigbwii

how do i get the toxins out?

i figured drinking lots of water would flush it out.

You haven't checked out my forum have you!!!!

It's all there!

This blew my mind, I thought I was so clean after years of being a Fruitarian, then I decided to support my wife with her Gallbladder Flush because I figured that I couldn't really knock it until I tried it, I wasn't expecting anything, here's the results:

http://z12.invisionfree.com/FLF/index.php?showtopic=1791

After that I started experimenting with cleanses and through that learnt that there is way, way, way more junk in us than we can possibly imagine!!!!!!!

Cleansing is vital my friend!

Again it's your call...

ive been looking on your forum a little bit. kinda hard to navigate cause i dont know where to start.

Yeah, even though everyone is welcome it's a fitness forum for Fruitarians first and foremost, our focus is not on foods but I've recently opened up a Fruitarian discussion/support section for the beginners, so you start off by setting up your chosen fitness log, then everything goes from there....

Take time to read through all posts because there great nuggets of info here!