Daily Protein, how many Grams??

since i'm not too much of a dieter, i would just like to know, how much protein do i really need to intake during the day to stay at a level muscle mass?? for the past 4 months i've been eating and drinking anything with protein in it, But now i'm looking to trim the fat, and show off my work... But if i just go back to a mostly vegan diet, will my muscle mass decrease?? basically i'm asking for good examples of high protein foods, that arent cheese and peanut butter ...... cause that makes me as fat as it does help my muscles.. i'd like to go down to a vegan diet eventually, as of now i'm a vegetarian... suggestions?

You don't have to go "down" to a vegan diet. Its a better diet. So long as you aren't hungry all the time you'll be getting enough protein. I've gone as low as 30g a day for nearly a year and only lost maybe 3 lbs of muscle(I was doing everything I could to lose muscle training wise). Unless you only eat sweets and drink pure oil....there will be enough protein in your food. Pretty much anything healthy will give you enough amino acids to build muscle mass. Nuts, seeds, beans(and everything made from then), whole grains and yes even fruits and vegetables will be enough.

You don't have to go "down" to a vegan diet. Its a better diet. So long as you aren't hungry all the time you'll be getting enough protein. I've gone as low as 30g a day for nearly a year and only lost maybe 3 lbs of muscle(I was doing everything I could to lose muscle training wise). Unless you only eat sweets and drink pure oil....there will be enough protein in your food. Pretty much anything healthy will give you enough amino acids to build muscle mass. Nuts, seeds, beans(and everything made from then), whole grains and yes even fruits and vegetables will be enough.

good news to these ears... thanks.