Waxy Maize: incredible corn starch molecule.

Gaia

This is a supplement that is vegan. Has anybody ever tried this before? Big debates on its use over dextrose (starch vs sugar).

It supposedly, depending on the manufacturer, has a high molecular weight in the 10,000's to 100,000's, and is very easily digested to supply the glycogen stores after a high intensity workout. You should not take any form of protein with it so that it can assimilate into the bloodstream quickly upon digestion. A post workout of protein can be taken 20 minutes after taking waxy maize, while BCAA's and any other single amino acid can be taken as it needs no digestion by enzymes in the stomach or small intestine.

Strictly an energy supplement for resupplying glycogen to the skeletal muscle tissues fast. Though some are taking it pre-workout and finding lots of energy (resupplying the glycogen as they use it up perhaps?), and finding that the water is pulling away from the skin and going into the muscles for the "hard" look after using it for a couple of days. Used as a bulking agent and as a cutting agent (the last couple of days of comp prep). Very versatile if used correctly for your body.

Suppose to have no bloating (as long as you keep it separate from the other digestible sources of nutrition) as found with dextrose, a corn sugar.

Thanks xjohanx, but it really didn't really go anywhere. So Troy how is the wms working for you? I know the science behind is good, but i am thinking about why i would like to quickly restore my glycogen stores with the wms? instead of letting all the carbs I eat later fill the glycogen stores up slowly? though I am cutting and the carbs I do eat are minimal. Mmmmmm.

On one of the forums, it said about sucking the water into the muscle, which would be great to have the "hard" look afterwards. Anybody ever have this happen to them?