FAQ

robert

Vegan Vacation FAQ

Why have a Vegan Vacation?

To have a gathering of vegans from around the world to have an impact on the community,

have fun, network, and meet in person to spend time with like-minded people.

Why Portland, Oregon?

Portland has been considered the #1 Vegan-friendly city in America by PETA and GoVeg.com,

and the #2 Vegan-friendly city in America by VegNews Magazine.

Portland is the home of countless vegan-friendly restaurants, the home of many vegans and

vegan organizations and businesses, and is full of great vegan people you will meet soon!

How long is the Vegan Vacation?

The Vegan Vacation in Portland will be taking place from August 3-9. Feel free to come

early or stay late.

Will there be downtime for me to do my own thing?

Yes, there will be downtime everyday, mostly in the afternoons. Most days have two

events, one in the morning, one in the evening. Other days have 3 events, but there will

be downtime each day and participants are not required to attend every event, just ones

you find interesting, or have availability to attend.

What do I need to bring?

Check the itinerary on www.veganvacations.net to see what activities will be taking place

and bring items accordingly.

Some general suggestions: Camera, sunscreen, sunglasses, running shoes, spending money,

athletic clothes, enough clothes to last a week if you are coming for the whole event

(although there will be opportunities to wash clothing), a watch, and open mind.

Who is going to be there?

The majority of the participants in the Portland Vegan Vacation will be residents of

Portland and nearby areas. We also have vegans coming from as far away as Germany and

the East Coast of the United States. We expect a few dozen people for each event and

perhaps as many as 50-100 people for some events. Check the itinerary for events with

limited occupancy (only two events).

Who should I contact with questions about the Portland Vegan Vacation?

Robert Cheeke

Phone: 541-231-6269

e-mail: [email protected]

Write to:

Robert Cheeke

Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

P.O. Box 2125

Corvallis, OR 97339