Raw "Cliff Nectar" Bars

oregonisaac

Last night someone really wanted me to try a Cliff Nectar bar, said it was way better than Larabar, but I had to point out it is not raw (actually uses roasted nuts and juice from concentrate...lame...)

So I made my own by reading the ingredients and they came out great!

Into the food processor went:

1 cup soaked cashews (if you had time to dehydrate a little the bars would be more solid)

5-7 dates

1/2 meyers lemon juiced

1/2 vanilla bean pod

Then I pressed it out on a plate and sliced it up, I ate it all in one sitting as my dessert last night, but unless you have a fiery digestive system like mine I would suggest against that.

Admittedly the ingredients above cost about $6, but it made 6 bars worth or so and I would guess it is much better than the real thing!

• 5 months later...
Last night someone really wanted me to try a Cliff Nectar bar, said it was way better than Larabar, but I had to point out it is not raw (actually uses roasted nuts and juice from concentrate...lame...)

So I made my own by reading the ingredients and they came out great!

Into the food processor went:

1 cup soaked cashews (if you had time to dehydrate a little the bars would be more solid)

5-7 dates

1/2 meyers lemon juiced

1/2 vanilla bean pod

Then I pressed it out on a plate and sliced it up, I ate it all in one sitting as my dessert last night, but unless you have a fiery digestive system like mine I would suggest against that.

Admittedly the ingredients above cost about $6, but it made 6 bars worth or so and I would guess it is much better than the real thing!

whoa, dude, wait up, which ones aren't raw, Nectar or LaraBar or both?