My first skydive

Crash

I would literally die of a heart attack somewhere at 5000 feet above ground. Who would then pull my parachute?

I guess no one would - but would you mind, being dead and all?

I always wanted to skydive, but i don't trust the parachute to function

ya I guess if your dead, you dont mind your parachute not being pulled, or a "malfunctioning" parachute for that matter.

I would literally die of a heart attack somewhere at 5000 feet above ground. Who would then pull my parachute?

I guess no one would - but would you mind, being dead and all? :lol:

I always wanted to skydive, but i don't trust the parachute to function

You beat me to it Daywalker. I suppose compassionategirl's instructor could pull her chute cord for her so at least he wouldn't die as well.

Alex - you have a reserve chute in case of mishaps.

Accidents still do happy though if you are incredibly unlucky......

CrispyQ this photo was taken a couple of years ago and I LOVED it. I went on another tandem jump a month later and the next month jumped by myself (with 2 instructors jumping with me). I would love to do it again.

Alex there is a back up chute as Tarz has pointed out. While the 1st chute is packed by others on the jump site, the 2nd chute is packed only by a select few, so it's a pretty sure bet that that chute's going to open. Most accidents happen due to human error: ie, when the 1st chute doesn't deploy and the parachuter instantly deploys the reserve chute without getting rid of the 1st parachute. When they don't get rid of the first parachute 1st, it tangles up with the reserve chute..and well, I'm sure it's not a pretty picture. Also, if you deploy your parachute too low, well (where's the emoticon for splat ?)

Nat, it was fabulous ! (So come out from under the bed). The only caution I will give is when you jump you should be at least 14,000 feet in the air and deploy your parachute by 5,000 feet, or else it would probably be better for you if you did faint.

Thanks BrandonC! Skydiving is truly a kickass experience !

I used to smoke then and will admit that before my 1st jump I practically smoked my whole pack, but I needn't have worried as the skydive was GREAT !