Hi from So Cal!

Introduce yourself. Tell us about your training history, how long you've been vegan, share some of your goals and some of your interests.

Moderators: Mini Forklift Ⓥ, C.O., Richard, robert, SyrLinus

all zen
Rabbit

Hi from So Cal!

#1 Postby all zen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi everybody! I've been a member here forever but have not posted much. Since I'll be keeping a journal I figured I would introduce myself:)
I've been an ethical vegetarian who moved on to a vegan lifestyle since I was 14 years old. I'm 39 years old and started weight training in 1994. Due to Hashimotos Hypothyroidism, and a heart arrythmia requiring medication I slowly started putting on weight and the fatigue caused me to put off training often the last couple of years. I recently started p90x and am getting ready to move on to p90x2. Can't wait to get to know everybody!
"My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be" ~ Dr. Wayne W Dyer~

robert
Site Admin

Re: Hi from So Cal!

#2 Postby robert » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Welcome back!

I saw your name with the intro and was like.....hey, she's been here for a while! 2005 is the year we created this version of our forum, so you're officially one of the original members. Great to see you're still with our community! A number of original 05'ers are here too! :) In fact I just saw SeaSiren post today and Vegan Essentials has been here from Day 1 and still posting. Richard as well, of course.

Great stuff.

Thanks for keeping a journal here.

All the very best!

-Robert

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

kareno
Gorilla

#3 Postby kareno » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:34 am

Good luck to you on your renewed journey!!! And congrats on your P90x success!

All the best,
Karen

all zen
Rabbit

#4 Postby all zen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:11 pm

robert wrote:Welcome back!

I saw your name with the intro and was like.....hey, she's been here for a while! 2005 is the year we created this version of our forum, so you're officially one of the original members. Great to see you're still with our community! A number of original 05'ers are here too! :) In fact I just saw SeaSiren post today and Vegan Essentials has been here from Day 1 and still posting. Richard as well, of course.

Great stuff.

Thanks for keeping a journal here.

All the very best!

-Robert

Yeah it's been a long time! I love the community here :) awesome group of people!
"My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be" ~ Dr. Wayne W Dyer~

all zen
Rabbit

#5 Postby all zen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:19 pm

kofox wrote:Good luck to you on your renewed journey!!! And congrats on your P90x success!

All the best,
Karen

Thanks for stopping by Karen :)

ashleyjmorgan
Rabbit

#6 Postby ashleyjmorgan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:57 pm

all zen wrote:Hi everybody! I've been a member here forever but have not posted much. Since I'll be keeping a journal I figured I would introduce myself:)
I've been an ethical vegetarian who moved on to a vegan lifestyle since I was 14 years old. I'm 39 years old and started weight training in 1994. Due to Hashimotos Hypothyroidism, and a heart arrythmia requiring medication I slowly started putting on weight and the fatigue caused me to put off training often the last couple of years. I recently started p90x and am getting ready to move on to p90x2. Can't wait to get to know everybody!

p90x2 - wow, that's certainly a hardcore routine, well done! Good luck and power to you
See more about my healthy living and weight loss journey on my blog http://www.vegontherun.com/

The secret of getting ahead is getting started. -Mark Twain

Return to “Introductions”