Hello from New York

midnight112x

Welcome and good for you for making the change! As you can tell, energy levels improve DRASTICALLY!!! I feel better and better as time goes on-in fact, I feel horrible if I deviate from my usual eating regimen!

I truly believe YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!! With that in mind, will I one day look part carrot, spinach, tofu and black bean?!?

I'm curious as a personal trainer, what do you tell/recommend to your clients about "proper" nutrition-do you encourage your new eating habits to them?

well, i actually do not share with them that i am vegan unless it comes up. However, when i talk to them about nutrition, i do not recommend any meat or dairy products for the most part.

I actually am already trying to avoid the vegan conversations now. Every time i tell a co worker or someone who exercises regularly, they always ask the same darn questions and i really dont want to explain over and over.

"where do you get your protein?" "Why?"

"are you going to get man boobs?" ...those questions

Aren't those questions frustrating?!? I understand the frequent explanations..... Give it time as you can lead by example through your fitness and attitude! I'm in healthcare and my co-workers are educated and relatively healthy/fit people. After a year of seeing me eat vegan and gluten free and seeing that im

Physically fit AND healthy, they notice results and have QUIT asking "those" questions!

To answer their questions, you could refer individuals to read for themselves.....for example, this forum, Rip Esselstyn & Engine2Diet, No Meat Athlete, The China Study, Forks Over Knives... Etc. Ive written down resources countless times for others- just so they could see for themselves!!

Again, cheers to you!

Enjoy this forum!