ab workout- how to gain that six pack???

hy, i' m a 45 years old male and have only started working out a year ago. i do follow a trainer's plan that has been specifically created for me (changing approx. every 6/8 weeks) and i am quite satisfied with the all over results...

however, i'm still not satisfied with my abs, i cannot seem to be developing a 'six pack'... i know it's all about nutrition- wanting to gain muscle, i started to eat a lot more when i started working out ( i weighed 70 kg at a height of 186 cm pre-work-out, i do 84 kg now)

to gain muscle you should eat more than you burn, right? but then - how do you develop a six pacK? i work my abs twice a week...

The six pack is sometimes a problem. If you see a person with mega cut abs that means they have been cutting weight for a fight / bodybuilding competition or something like it. This can be done safely but no one does it constantly, it's only for a day or two.

A lot of people have abs and they don't know it, the biggest thing is loosing all the fat around your stomach so you can actually see what you have. Now you're going to hate this, but this takes time and you'll never have sharp relief abs without dehydrating yourself, but you can get to a point where you can flex and show your abs (also, some guys just seem to have their abs in sharp relief and never need to cut, lucky buggers). Anyway, as far as abs go I say loose as much weight as you can (by this I mean fat, and do it healthily), take time and sculpt your stomach with upper, lower and side exercises for it.

If you're already at a low body fat level then you could cut your sodium levels way down for a couple day's and see how much water you're retaining. The Water retention will hide your abs for sure. But that's assuming you're already at a pretty low body fat level.

Other than that I mostly agree with mythil.