going to try something new...full body routine

For reasons I`ll disclose later, I have a new focus for my training efforts. Of course the last few months have been so incredibly busy that I`ve barely been able to maintain, let alone make progress, so it`s the perfect time for a re-tune anyway. I`ve posted in other threads where I`ve been as far as powerlifting goes, and I`m happy with what I`ve done there. I also briefly got into natural bodybuilding some years ago. While I loved being big and ripped for ego purposes, it was awkward and cumbersome being almost 220 pounds and very lean. It was a lot of very laborious eating and training intensity that was unmatched. I have no desire to do that again. I`m sitting just under 200lbs now and have a strong incentive to put my efforts into being ultra lean with good, full muscle belly development.

I`m going to let go of my traditional split for a few weeks to address a more metabolic routine. I`ll be doing a circuit of sorts, and cutting back from 30 minutes of cardio per session to 20 minutes of intervals as well.

My routine will be as follows:

Decline DB press (alternate w/ incline DB press)

DB military press

standing cable curls

isolateral row

rope pressdown

DB deadlift

4 sets of 8 to 10reps, each set will allow for rest only from one exercise to the next, 3 minutes of rest between sets. I will also do two very specialized ab exercises I have "invented" at the end of the circuit workout. 3 sets of 10 reps each.

The goal is to bring out muscle separation in the shoulder/chest girdle, bring out striations and definition, and enhance muscle shape as opposed to adding size. I`m not unhappy with my upper body size, and you`ll probably notice a lack of leg training. My legs are freakishly oversized from a lifetime of BMX and I`m fortunate enough to not have to train them much. I could probably walk into the gym cold and squat 4 plates per side right off the bat (not that I ever would). Working to build the ol` "surfer`s V" or Adonis Belt and bring out the serratus, too. I`m leaving out some personalized details, but you get the idea.

Here`s me at 38:

555880769_DSC_2610copy.jpg.260118dbd49b8aca291c01172bca615e.jpg

Here is me at 38:

Me at 27:

242205_3590511413117_2079600994_o.thumb.jpg.8238bf22f9adeab470addcd628c51cee.jpg

me at 27

Me now at 39:

882366_4296985594530_869759858_o.thumb.jpg.14571ed5427f979f705dd6f0f41c4f39.jpg

me now