Supplementation: is it to early to take now?

Hi,

Quick question. I need to drop BF%. Ultimate goal is to compete in fitness model contest. Since I'm new to weight training should I be using supplements that help build/repair muscle now or weight till I have less body fat?

I currently only use raw protein powder as recovery after weights/cardio. About 35 grams per shake.

If you are new to it all I would have to be honest and say you should wait to start using supplements (aside from the basics). You'll be surprised how fast your gains and progress will come once the consistency of your training and nutrition kick in ~ save the supplementation until later on, when you can really benefit from it.

I assume that fat loss is your goal right now? I would be making sure you are using a quality protein (as you are), a good quality and well absorbed mutivitamin/mineral/antioxidant complex and maybe a vegan EFA/omega 3 if your budget can stretch to it. Keep the protein in your diet on the higher side, lower your carbs on the days you don't train and source your fats from things like coconut oil, avocado, raw nuts, seeds etc etc.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you get on with everything. Do you have a timeframe in mind as to when you would like to compete? MF