Can you sprout...

Yup...they get cute little tails...maybe 3mm long at most. I've sprouted sesame and chickpeas before and made raw living hummus...it was very very good.

Yup...they get cute little tails...maybe 3mm long at most. I've sprouted sesame and chickpeas before and made raw living hummus...it was very very good.

I want that recipe!!!!

I've been told chickpeas cannot be consumed raw/sprouted from various sources though. Did you get tummyaches?

No bad experiences at all. Actually its pretty simple.

Sesame seeds sprout a day faster so I start them the day after I start the chickpeas. Once they are all sprouted I blend up the sesame seeds and if they need the help sometimes I add a bit of water or a bit of raw apple cider vinegar. Then I throw in some garlic(not too much since raw garlic will add too much of a kick unless you eat all the hummus within an hour or two). After that I throw in the chickpeas until its fairly smooth. Last but not least I throw in a bit of fresh basil and rosemary. One extra thing you could do for extra bite is sprouting some mustard seeds. They get kinda slimy but they taste great.

No bad experiences at all. Actually its pretty simple.

Sesame seeds sprout a day faster so I start them the day after I start the chickpeas. Once they are all sprouted I blend up the sesame seeds and if they need the help sometimes I add a bit of water or a bit of raw apple cider vinegar. Then I throw in some garlic(not too much since raw garlic will add too much of a kick unless you eat all the hummus within an hour or two). After that I throw in the chickpeas until its fairly smooth. Last but not least I throw in a bit of fresh basil and rosemary. One extra thing you could do for extra bite is sprouting some mustard seeds. They get kinda slimy but they taste great.

Assum! Gotta try that. Hummus is my all time fav food.

Thanks a lot