Hi! Annette from Michigan

Annette

Hi!

I have been vegetarian for 5 years and vegan since February. I'm 53 years old and I was stuck with 20 extra pounds and out of shape. In September I started weight training and cardio and really planning my food, training and recovery. I lost 15 pounds and I feel I'm on my way to a fitter stronger second half of my life! I got the ball rolling now I'm hooked. I want to prove that it can be done at any age and with a plant based vegan diet! I'm reading Robert's book and making a training plan.

Love this idea! Annette

Hi Annette! Welcome to the forum! I was happy to see someone else from Michigan here! Of course, I am now curious as to what part of Michigan you are from. I am in the Oakland County area (just up north from the Palace of Michigan) and there are a few of us vegans way out here. I try to get to the vegan hub bub of Royal Oak/Fernadale when I can, but it has been awhile. I usually manage to go to VegFest in March though to see what's new in the area.

I know what you mean about being hooked! Addicted to health! Especially in the second half of life (though I think 60 is when the start of your second half of your life should be! so to me, you are still in the first half! I say, 120 here we come!).

Plus the joy of learning how your body responds to food and exercise, at any age! Just when I think I have it, I learn something new and try it out, and the body works better than before!

Hi Gaia!

Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I am just learning how this forum thing works. Good to learn but I'm not sure I'm doing it right yet! I'm in Clinton Township by Sterling Heights, MI. I was the only vegan I knew in town but now my 27 year old daughter and 82 year old Mom has chosen a plant based diet! It is a little tricky around here but the fitter I get and the healtheir I look, people are starting to inquire what I'm doing. lol. I love to go to Inn Season in Royal Oak and there is a vegan group downriver that I know. I love VegFest and look forward to going! Thanks for the encouragement fellow Michigander!! I look forward to contributing more to Michigan folks and this inspiring website!!!

Thanks Robert!!

Things are going Fabulous!! Just back from visiting my Daughter in Santa Monica, CA for the Holidays. Oh the Vegan food to be had!! I managed to exercise and eat great and now that I'm back home in Michigan, I am pleased to say I'm goal weight and feeling better than ever!

I thought about what you wrote about keeping a program while you did all that traveling and that helped a lot!

Thanks to your inspiration for the 12 days Program I was mindful of my goals and here we go!