The Vegan from Bavaria

Max Byron

hey vegans!

here is max from bavaria, germany.

i am 20 years old, was vegetarian for 4 years and am vegan since 3 months. it is my confidence that there is no better way than going vegan. most times i eat whole organic foods like buckwheat, beans, quinoa and all kind of vegetables.

my sport is triathlon in the first place and i also love strength training.

i started doing sports to lose all of my overweight. altough i was not able to reach this goal in the last two years i became fit in swimming, cycling and running. while i wasnt able to run more than 1mile first and couldnt swim more than 400m i pushed my body to be able to run 20-25k, bike 100k and swim 2k. i did five triathlons in six weeks in 2010 and placed three times 1st in my age group. this year i ran an half marathon and started doing weight training in the gym two months ago.

one my weight was 95kg, now it is about 88-89kg (a friend of mine once called me the fat triathlet xD ). i am 182cm tall and i want to weight 75kg. i participated in triathlons with 84kg and ran 10k in 40 min so i am sure with 75kg i will be able to run 10k in between 36-38minutes.

sadly i injured my right femoral (biceps femoris) this autumn while i trained too hard to lose weigth and did not listen to my body(i hope i learned from that). according to my doctor i will be able to run and cycle in march again.

so i am actually only able to train in the gym with no burden for my legs. thats why i train only sitting, 2-3 times a week.

in january i want to focus on nutrition to lose weigth while doing strength training to avoid muscle loss.

greetings from germany!

max

Hey Max! Welcome to the forum! I agree with you, that vegan is the best way to be! Congratulations on all your athletic success over the years!

I've been to a town called Bacharach a couple of times. Is that anywhere near you?

Welcome aboard, Max!

All the best,

Karen

Hi Max!

Great to have you on here! Excited to follow your running success and see you get to that 37 min 10k. I've been to Germany a few times. When I worked on a cruise ship, I sailed into Rostock on a regular basis.

All the best as you recover from the injury, focus on plant-based whole foods and train the areas you can train now.

Looking forward to your future success.

-Robert

Hope things are coming along nicely. Will be watching your journal to see your success.

Again, focus as much as possible on plant-based whole foods, opting for produce over packaged foods, eat every 2-3 hours so you're constantly nourished, and do the exercises you can do at the moment, based on your injuries and begin your way back to your best!

Most of all, have fun all along the way.

Catch up soon.

-Robert