Live from Illinois!!

sarasellen79

Hello!

My name is Sara. I have been a vegetarian/vegan for 3.5 years. I have exercised most of my life, but have kicked it up recently. I am currently studying to be an NSCA certified person trainer...LOVE IT!!

I lived in the Chicago area for several years and recently moved back to central IL. I plan to move back up north when I finish school. So, Robert, I just missed you at Vegan Mania---please come back!!!! Please!! I just purchased the Vegan Body Building book, I have a close friend who's a Body Builder and we were loving reading through the meal plans and checking out supplements through the Vegan Proteins site. In our area it is really challenging to eat organic and healthy....it is farm central these people it unhealthy and have the bodies to show it!

In addition to fitness and nutrition I have been a Life Coach Consultant for 2 years. I enjoy self improvement and helping others recognize their abilities.

I'm glad I finally signed up for this, I've looked at it several times. But now that I'm studying fitness and training hard it seemed the right time to jump in!!

Nice! Never know maybe Robert can have you as a guest personal trainer for future forum challenges after you complete your training We just had a fitness journal challenge for February. Im not sure maybe we had 12 or so trainers helping out, awesome ones. Good to hear about more health conscious personal trainers in the works. Too many personal trainers out there preaching whey protein drinks and steak dinners

Welcome to the forum,

-Dylan

Maybe Dylan!

I actually don't like half the trainers I've run across since I started in the industry. May of them preach Whey protein which usually comes with other manufactured ingredients. Also, the trainers who have high blood pressure and acid reflux. I'm not perfect at anything (diet/health/fitness), but I also don't blame any of my issues on genetics or others.

That whole high BP/high Cholesterol/diabetes/etc runs in my family doesn't fly with me. The only thing I know for sure is I have a ton of fat genes in my family and if I don't eat healthy and workout I will pack on fat...it just is. But it's not out of my control because if I do workout I will lose or stabilize my weight. I try, but I'm not perfect.

I could rant about societal ignorance and lack of accountability forever, so I'll stop