Hi from England :-)

Lillylemon

Hi,

I'm a late 20s female, vegetarian for 20+ yrs but only vegan for around 5yrs or so. I am really slim, 5ft 5ish, 8 stone 3lb roughly. I feel too skinny though. I gave birth 19 months ago & still breastfeed a couple of times a day so the weight fell off me. I have always found it hard to gain weibght. I would like to gain shape & muscle definition but haven't a clue where to start. I am a stay-at-home Mum but have plenty of help with childcare so can train in the day & or evenings. We have a gym at home in the garage, with free weights, machines, cross-trainer & running machine. I need some sort of orogramme/routine to follow. Any ideas?

Welcome to the group!

Great to have you here. Cool that you have a home gym! I would start with a total body workout program to get all muscles involved. Make it fun, make it accessible and be consistent and you should see results.

There are various specific training programs outlined on our main www.veganbodybuilding.com site, but I think you'll find many here too.

You could keep a training journal online here to and get a lot of feedback that way.

All the best!

-Robert

• 1 month later...

Awesome, your attitude is so encouraging. Most women I have talked to or heard from (not on this site of course) are so scared of added weight, regardless of how skinny they are. I am a guy who has struggled to put on weight all my life so I can relate at least partially. Welcome to the forum check out the fitness journal section. Its been good info and motivation for me.

-Dylan