Getting Started.

Ok. . .I feel like a total doofus right now, but I figured I'd start asking questions while I'm still a complete n00bie here. I mean, it seems like the best time, right?

Anyway, here goes. . . .I've been an avid runner for the past 3 years now and while it's something I still enjoy doing, I've grown tired of the same routine. Many people have told me to explore new areas of running, but I feel as though I've exhausted all of my options. When someone mentioned the prospect of bodybuilding, I grew intrigued and decided to look up some information on it.

Here's the problem -- many of the books and websites I've looked at seem a little dated. . . and the ones that aren't dated aren't really personal. I don't know the definitions of some terminology, so I came here looking for a personal touch. To sum it up -- I want to know how to get started. I'm very lean, but lack a lot of upper body strength (something I've been wanting to gain for a while).

If anyone could keep me some tips on how to start a routine or what type of trainer to find, that would be amazing!

Sorry if I sound like an annoying n00b. Thanks, guys!

Congrat on being lean to start. I find that the hardest part. When I have been down from BB training for a while I always look at the body as a whole and pick one basic exercise per part. For example, curls for biceps, squats for legs/glutes(no weights to start), dips for triceps, push ups for chest (also hits back and bis), pull ups for back (or pull downs if you can't handle the pull ups), basic sit-ups or crunches for abs, and shoulder press for shoulders. You can do this all on one day, 3x per week. Start light. If it is too much split it up. As you get more advanced you can add more per part and split up your days. Hope this helps.