just gas or need to see a doctor?

I got off of work and when I got home I put some creatine in water for my preworkout supplement and basically pounded the water back.

Right when I started, I felt this shard pain right underneath my lower right rib. The first time I ever felt that. I shrugged it off, and worked out where I didnt feel anything, until sit up time came and it started hurting again.

I looked on the net, and I think i can rule out appendicitis because everything I read said the pain is more closer to your belly button, and never behind a rib.

I also read a lot of stuff saying it could be gas. I havent been eating that healthy at all, and I have been having really bad mouth gas. ~embarrased~

Any thoughts?

Honestly, it's too soon to tell, based on the symptoms and information you have provided. Not that I'm nuts about diagnosing anything over the internet (I'm not) but you haven't given us enough information. I hope that the pain stops soon. If you are having sharp pain, you definitely need real-time medical help, not a forum. And really, although I realize that many members of the vegan community have an adverse reaction to conventional medical practitioners, we're not all that bad. No practitioner of any worth would try to diagnose anything over the internet. There is no substitute for a face-to-face meeting. We can hide many things (unintentionally) in person and do even more so on the internet.

Again, I hope you feel better soon.

I get that too sometimes. It is gas. I haven't had it in awhile.

Also, sometimes If I sit or lay down wrong, I get a cramp in my diaphragm, and that hurts like a bitch.

If you drink something too quickly you can swallow a lot of air which gets trapped in there and can cause sharp pains like that. Drink a little slower and stretch after and do some twists or go for a walk.

Well its gone this morning. Ill see if it comes back as the day progresses.

DV, Im not particulary adversed to doctors, but I dont have health insurance, and am living paycheck to paycheck. If it was an emergency I would have no questions about going to the emergency room right away, but since I didnt think it was thats why I posted it on here.

Update:

Yesterday I didnt feel the pain at all until I started doing push ups. I stopped the push ups and went through all my other exercises, including sit ups, without any pain.

That area felt tight afterwards, like I just pulled a muscle. I went to a friends house and later that night, sitting in a very awkward position felt the pain again, just a sharp stab right behind my lower right rib. I stood up and it went away after a few minutes.

This morning it feels tight around the area, like I just worked it out extremely hard.

As I said above, I dont have money for a doctor check up, but Im going to go see my chiropractor, who is very no nonsense kind of guy. ANd if he tells me to go to a doctor I guess I will and make paymenst or something.

It doesnt hurt when I breath in deeply, touch the area, cough or sneeze or anything.

Lack of insurance sucks. The one time I needed to go to an emergency room what when I was between coverage. It took me a year to pay off that bill.

It sounds like a muscle strain/pull. If it only hurts on exertion then it may only involve the outer muscle layer. If it hurts at rest, that's not a good sign. Your liver is located below your right lung, and so is your diaphragm (under both lungs) and your right kidney (kidney pain is felt towards your back). There are numerous muscles surrounding your ribs that could be responsible for the pain - if you can identify it as a somatic/muscle pain. If it is a visceral pain - originating in your abdomen/organs - then I would be worried.