Kettlebells vs Bodyweight

So I'm going off to Cheboygan, Michigan for 4 weeks in August, just like every other year of my life.

I'll be in front of Lake Huron with access to no gym or weights. I've been planning a lot on what I'll be doing to keep my muscles, gain strength, and lose fat while I'm up there. I've already made a workout plan that involves nothing except my own body and the Perfect Pushup product. However, I've been interested in kettlebells lately and I'm considering buying Mike Mahler's "Kettlebell Solution for Size and Strength" because it looks promising and he's a vegan Instead of buying kettlebells though, I would make them using these instructions.

So what do you guys think I should do? I'm thinking about mixing the two together, since I can't imagine kettbells replacing chin-ups or perfect pushups. On the other hand, bodyweight exercises can't replace things like cleans or snatches.

Has anyone here had kettlebell experience? If so, would you say it's worth the investment in time and money? If not, should I use nothing but bodyweight exercises?

Thanks,

Gerard