Hows your love life?

kollision

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agnosticism is the belife that nothing is known or can be known about non-material phenomena.

Some agnostics believe that the truth about supernatural forces or beings can be known, but we just haven't discovered the answers yet.

Well, I'm just a plan old unmodified agnostic.

There are also people who call themselves vegans, but believe it's fine to exploit animals. People are always fashioning sloppy versions of a system of ideas or ideals and trying to play it off as the real thing.

@Sknydpr, theism is the "belief in the existence of a god or gods." It doesn't mean religion. It just happens that people who believe in a god or gods tend to be religious, but the doesn't mean all religions are theist. Just like all women are humans doesn't mean all humans are women.

Oh, I guess I should post something on topic.

How's my love life?

I love my life. Thanks for asking.

In fact, I try to love all life. But I find it is most important to have respect and reverence for life. (Better than reverence for the dead. It's a bit late for love or reverence at that point.)

Well, I'm just a plan old unmodified agnostic.

But do you believe that the truth about whether god exists or not can be discoverd through science, or that science will never advance enough to discover the truth about the existence of gods? Do you think it is important to seek and discover whether gods exist, or is the existence or lack of existence of gods irrelevant to life on Earth? etc... There is a wide variation of belief among agnostics. The reason people use terms like "weak agnostic" or "strong agnostic" is to communicate to other people (particularly other agnostics) more specific opinions and views on the nature of the universe