Anyone heard of Wade McNutt? Freaky Big Naturally

My friend bought this supposedly all-inclusive book. Many of the sections seem incomplete or tacked on, and some advice seems just stupid. For example, McNutt advises doing reps as quickly as possible; this seems to fly in the face of common sense and advice available elsewhere which dictate your rep speed should be controlled to maximize effort and muscle contraction. His vegan ideas are interesting and I am obviously sympathetic, although when he says that the reason physiques are getting bigger is because of impacted colons from excess whey protein, my eyes glaze over. You can sign up for his exclusive, direct-from-the-manufacturer monthly hemp protein autoship program-- $97 for 6 pounds of protein, which isn't altogether too bad.

I'm particularly interested in his enzymes "MassZymes", which you can read about here: http://www.masszymes.com/. For the low price of $137 a bottle (which will last "up to one month'-- up to 6 bottles per month are recommend, for $497) you can try them out. I'm skeptical, because I can't find any mentions of them on the Net, can't find a formula, and they make all kinds of inflated claims. They claim their enzymes are special because they make them only in small batches. Surprise, they're definitely made by a contract manufacturer so they can't be completely unique; a manufacturer who would be able to make enzymes is definitely making them for someone else, so at best they are marginally more effective. Also, I can't find an ingredient listing or any contact info, both of which are red flags for me.

I've emailed Wade with the address of this forum; we'll see what happens. I'd like a lot more transparency, especially on the enzymes and being how supplement facts are a required disclosure.

Wade McNutt, MassZymes, Matt Gallant, Mass-Zymes

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering about the legitimacy of the mass-zymes. They could be legitimate but maybe not. I ordered some. The bottle says it is a proprietary enzyme blend Protease, amylase, bromelain, alpha-galactosidase, glucoamylase, lactase, lipase, invertase, malt diastase (from barley). Other ingredients are Vegetable cellulose, rice bran, and water. Its exact title is Mass-Zymes: Mass builder Digestive Enzymes - Dietary Supplement.

However, the capusles are real small and are filled with a sand colored substance. What makes me skeptical is the order letter that came with the bottle. The way in which they suggest taking the pills seems quite unorthodox. The letter says consume 2 to 10 capsules upon wakening, then 2 to 10 capsules with each meal, then 2 to 10 capsules in between each meal, and then 2 to 10 capusles before going to bed. At the end of the directions I thought they were going to say "and if you like throw 5 of them over your shoulder for good luck and another 5 between your legs like you're dribbling a basket ball. Heck why not walk down the sidewalk and throw two over each shoulder every 20 feet.

I think someone ought to take one of those pills to a lab to get them checked out for what the sand colored powder in the capules really are. A person could make a lot of money by filling a bunch of small capusles with flour or a plentiful unharmful herb of some sort and call it the miracle drug of the century at $79.00 a bottle. If it only took $2.00 worth of the substance to fill up the entire bottle that is a $77.00 profit.

However, I would like to say that even though I question the legitimacy of the mass-zymes based upon what the pills look like and the letter that accompanied them, I do believe that Matt is on to something as far as nutrition and bodybuilding goes.

If you eat plenty of good protein, vegetables, and buy a juicer, that is probably the best thing you could do for your body when lifting weights. I did buy some other pills called force-factor, they look a lot more legitimate than the small capsuled mass-zyme pills. But who knows, until a consumer actually finds out how he can go about finding out the composition of a pill, we will never know. I did a search on google for "mass-zyme""scam""fraud" and not a single thing came up yet. The pills could be legitimate, but even if they are, they sure don't look like it.