A couple of questions

CrispyQ

I used to hate being so damn tall....I still don't love it but I think I've gotten used to it.

Megan, I'm 5'8" & I would love to be taller. And what is it about our culture that we feel uncomfortable being with a guy who is shorter than we are? When I was in college I had a girlfriend who was 6'2". She was gorgeous! When the group of us would go out, she got all the attention!

And ditto on the women's sizing.

I used to hate being so damn tall....I still don't love it but I think I've gotten used to it.

Megan, I'm 5'8" & I would love to be taller. And what is it about our culture that we feel uncomfortable being with a guy who is shorter than we are? When I was in college I had a girlfriend who was 6'2". She was gorgeous! When the group of us would go out, she got all the attention!

And ditto on the women's sizing.

That part is true....you're gonna notice me when I walk in a room, that's all there is to it My friends say they hate going places with me because I get all the attention, and that part is fun. Plus, I love to wear heels I think it's less the men issue for me than it is other women. When I was a teenager it was awkward, but now that I surround myself with 'adult' males, I find that very few of them care about height, and I've also stopped caring.

With other females though, I've always been left out of certain 'group rituals' so to speak....for instance, I have NEVER had a friend I could share clothes with. My best friend in high school was 5'2"! (Yet somehow people still got us confused, go figure...) It might sound really trivial, and it undoubtedly is, but it's little stuff like that that always made me hate being tall. That, and seeing photos of me next to my teeny tiny friends, I look so huge That's why I like my avatar, you can't tell that I'm 7 inches taller than the woman I'm sitting next to

To summarize I think our culture values conformity FAR too much, (hence why all women's pants are the same length?) and being physically far from standard makes you not "fit in" (in certain circumstances) For me it took time and an extra bit of self confidence to realize that that's ok (and GOOD even)

Ex: Me slouching Next to boy of average height (though the hat makes it a little harder to tell I think) But yeah - I tower over him

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/veggymeggy/hallcrop.jpg