Strongman type training infiltrating other sports?

About a month ago, I was driving home from work and saw a prett decent sized tractor tire in the parking lot of the supermarket about a mile from my home. I'd intended to go back and check it out to see if I could train with it by doing some flips in the parking lot, but when I went back the following day, it wasn't there. So, I drive by today and see it standing upright in the rear of the building right in the middle of the alley. I figured, if a big tire is still around a month later, someone must be training with it for conditioning (if it was light) or strength (if it was heavy - can't tell until you get your hands on it!). So, I stop home, change quickly, and go back to check it out, and now it's lying flat on the ground. I walk back to get ready to play around with it, and see two smaller tires sitting nearby as well (very light, probably 200 lbs. or less) and knew then that someone was definitely using them to train. As I get closer, I notice the back door open on one of the units right by the tire, and I look inside to find that it's a martial arts studio. Class was full and I didn't need a crowd of angry folks wondering who was playing around with their training tools, so I decided I'd wait to go back until Sunday when they're closed, but it was interesting to see that other sports are adopting some of the things that strongman training has been doing many years. Pretty cool to come across this, and even better that someone has a tire I can flip that's just down the road from me.

Oh yeah, I couldn't resist lifting it halfway up to test it - it's on the light side (about 450-500 lbs. or so, which is like having to deadlift about half that much weight, maybe a bit more), but still, I'll get a hell of a cardio-style workout flipping it over and over again down the parking lot and back when it's clear this weekend!