Kelp and acne

brit

I have been drinking the vega milkshake and my face has come out in these hideous acne cysts, they hurt like hell and take ages to come to a head.

I am allergic to kelp. I looked on the ingredients of the shake and it has kelp in it!! Typical, I spend 58.00 on a tub of this stuff and I can't use it.

Anyway just wanted to let you know that if you are getting acne it could be because of a kelp allergy.

Does anyone have any advice on a shake that has no kelp in it?

Thanks.

Karen

Karen,

First of all, as a consumer, if you buy a product to which you are allergic, you can take it back to where you purchased it and at the very least get an exchange, if not a refund -- even without a receipt. They may give you a hard time without a receipt, but if you persevere and explain that you had an allergic reaction, they will usually cave in. There is good consumer protection legislation in Ontario that makes our lives here easier, aand I am not sure about the laws of your state, but again, no matter what the law is or even the policy of the store is, just speak to the manager and explain that you had an allergic reaction and that is why you are asking for a refund or exchange.

That is plan a.

Plan B is call the company (Vega) directly, and ask them to reimburse you because again, you have had an allergic reaction to it. The maker of vega, Brenden Brazier, seems like a nice enough guy. I think he would understand and try to accomodate. EDITTED to correct a BIG boo boo in typing.

SO first try the store, and if that fails, contact the Vega company directly.

DO NOT THROW $58 DOWN THE DRAIN WITHOUT AT LEAST DILLIGENTLY TRYING THE ABOVE. A lot of consumers arent aware that for an allergic reaction, many stores will try to help you out.

And keep us posted by the way. I am interested in learning the outcome of your endeavours in this matter.

Edited by compassionategirl

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...