Injury Advice

robert

I get lots and lots of e-mails from people all over the world and most of the questions I can answer, but some I can't. Usually I seek out a source for the answer I'm looking for but I think for some of the questions I'll post them in the Advice section of the Forum.

So here is an e-mail question I got today that I don't have a real concrete answer for. So any input would be great. I directed the sender to come check out the forum as well and that I would post this for him and relay any feedback to him, in case he doesn't find this post.

"say, i've another question, this time regarding body building...i've been sidelined for over two months now with a bum shoulder. the chiropractor and doctor say it's nothing more than inflamed. do you know of any supplements that can help inflammation? i've tried ice, i've tried essential fatty acids, and i've also tried a bunch of othe bullsh*t (non-vegan) pills they gave me. i'm will to try just about anything that's going to help, and there has been some slight improvement, but nothing seems to get me over the hump. i quit lifting completely march 15th. this past monday, i started going light again. the pain persists...

any help is much appreciated. injuries are a nightmare."

-------------------------------------

Thanks VB&F Team!

-Robert

I went a semester to college for athletic training. ive seen a lot of shoulder injuries and had to do a report on one. however I learned more on my own dealing with injuries than in school.

you can do cryotherapy (biofreeze), ice it, stretch it etc.

if youre looking for natural anti-inflammatories....try BROMELAIN. it comes from pineapples and is a natrual anti-inflammatory and helps in digesting protein more effeciently.

the best thing honestly is rest. and that means a lot of time off. I had to take 6 months off cause of tendonitis. there is never an easy solution to solving soft tissue injuries. other than rest, proper stretching, ice, and strengthening the muscles around it, theres not much else you can do. eat healthy, and think positive. keep that immune system up too.

• 5 months later...