MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your right. I just have such a hard time listening. I'm sitting here with ice on my shoulder right now as I think I overdid it again.

warmup

Jump Rope - 5 minutes

20 squats

45 x 10 - back squat - did not feel good on the shoulder so i changed the rest to front squats

Front Squats

65x5

70x5

75x5

80x5

85x3 x 2

90x3 x 4

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Vibrancy Bar

Red Beans, TVP and roasted asparagus

Granola and Soy Yogurt

Tempeh Bacon, Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower w/ Hummmus and Baba Ganoush

Carob Almonds

Jump Rope - 5 minutes warmup

"Crawl"

1 minute each exercise for 6 rounds. 1 minute break between rounds

Ab Mat Situps

Plank Hold

Hip Extensions

Cross Knee Crunches

GHD Situps

VEGA WFO

Vibrancy Bar

Tofu Scramble with Broccoli and Cauliflower

Carob Almons

Sloppy Lentils w/ 2 zeke wraps

Spinach Salad

I started my training and food blog on cf today so far it is getting views but no one is commenting.

@mikkei -bare knuckles boxing... that hardcore!

@lobsterriffic - i've had a hard time keeping up with updating my cf log. I have to get back at it soon.

I have not updated here for awhile either.

Shoulder Rehab - 2 hours

CF WOD

"Annie" modified due to shoulder pain

Jump Rope 200

Situps 50

Jump Rope 160

Situps 40

Jump Rope 120

Situps30

Jump Rope 80

Situps 20

Jump Rope 40

Situps 10

Time: 9:10

really hungry today not sure why

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Vibrancy

Clif Bar

Tofu Scramble w/Broccoli & Cauliflower

Granola w/Soy Yogurt

Sloppy Lentils w/w ezekiel wraps & Spinach

Carob Almonds

Shoulder Rehab - 2 hours

shoulder sore all day

CF WOD - one shot modified - had to hold continuous motion for max round - no rest

Front Squats @ 65 lbs 20,12,8

Situps - had 725 when I was asked to stop as I could have kept doing these forever

Plank - was asked to stop after 3 minutes. I held for 7 minutes in the past so this could have gone longer.

Squat hold - close to 2 minutes - that was a good burn

VEGA wfo w/coconut water

Tofu scramble w/spinach and peppers

Granola w/ Soy yogurt

Tempeh Bacon

Carob Almonds

Carved Pumpkins at night!

Slept in - really tired but shoulder felt good so I needed to take care of that and made it hurt (Sometimes I am stupid!)

Enter the CF WOD Treat.

warmup - jump rope - 2 minutes jumping jacks - 2 minutes - 1 minut high knees and buttkickers

FOR TIME:

25squats

25 pushups

25 pullups

25 situps

50 squats

50 pushups

50 pullups

50 situps

75 squats

75 pushups

75 pullups

75 situps

Time:25:12

Then on a C2 rower

6 x 500 meter repeats

1 - 2:35 only 30 second rest because i screwed up

2 - 2:29

3 - 2:26

4 - 2:24

5 - 2:26

6 - 2:22

These felt great. Except my shoulder has hurt for days after work and still hurts. I am icing it right now.

VEGA WFO w/Coconut Water

Tofu Scramble and Tempeh Bacon

Sprouted Grain Bagel

Banana

Pumpkin Curry w/ Brown Rice

Chili w/ Corn Chips

Bean, Pepper, Corn Salad

Vegan Enchildas

4 Peanut Butter Cups

Pumpkin Brownie

All of the yummy vegan food was from a halloween party. It was so awesome to have enough vegan friends that you can just have a party and be able to eat multiple dishes. Not my healthiest food day for sure though.

rest day

diet wasn't the cleanest again today. I felt like I was craving carbs. Probably from the party the night before.

VEGA w/coconut water

Sprouted Grain Bagel

Tofu w/soy sauce and nutri yeast

Broccoli - sauteed

Vegan Pizza w/ broccoli, mushrooms, red peppers, onions

Carob Almonds

4 x 800 repeats running

warmup - jog 3 laps (.6)

course is actually .60 instead of .50 and it has a little hill that i pass through 3 times so my times are a little higher than a strict 800 track loop

1 - 4:14

2 - 4:15

3 - 4:36

4 - 4:16

I did this WOD by myself except for repeat 4 which ArmyBill was kind enough to run with me. Hence the better time with someone to push through with.

VEGA WFO/Coconut Water

Granola w/ Soy Yogurt

Brown Rice, Tofu, Broccoli, Mushrooms Carrots and onions

Veggie Burger

Vibrancy Bar

Morroccan Stew

I actually used hand wraps, but still messed up my hands from it. Maybe they need to be tighter.

Great training log. Glad you remembered all that. Do you use a notebook or something to keep track of what you do?

I'm jealous of all those tofu scrambles. That's good stuff. I should probably be keeping track of my food intake. Maybe I will.

@lobsteriffic - yeah core is a strong point for me. Training to get hit through really tightened it up for me. I used to train my planks on a wobble board which makes them much tougher so when i do them with the wobble board they are easier and I can do them longer. It is usually my lower back that hurts when I drop not my abs.

@mikkei -I used to put sports tape over my wraps that holds them in place. Yes I keep a notebook that I write all of my training and food intake. I started doing this when a former coach used to give me crap about not getting enough protein being vegan so i tracked how much protein i took in and shut him up and the habit stayed with me because this way I can see the gains in the strength, endurance etc. Or if I see decreases I can take a look at my food intake, rest/recovery etc. and take a look at what is going on. I note if I am ill or any comments like that. It really helps to tighten up your training in my opinion. If you don't write it down so you can reference it than you are guessing a bunch of the time and I think people tend to guess in their favor. (their weights are higher, their rests are shorter, their times are better etc.) So personally I write it all down to see where I am really at.

I now that tendonitis in my surgical shoulder. I am icing it to try to get it back in line a bit. Disappointing but it came into perspective when I was told it is only 2 months post op and that isn't a lot of time for the work I am doing. Soooo I have to try to be good once again for a little while longer.

Moroccan stew is onions carrots red pepper garlic ginger cinnamon cumin paprika tumeric cauliflower chickpeas tomatoes peas raisins. its pretty awesome!

Shoulder is still sore but getting better. Although when i was re racking the bar after a set of front squats it feel off the stand onto my surgical shoulder. that was scary. need to get some ice on that.

CF WOD

For time

Row 400 meters

16 GHD situps

Row 350 meteres

14 GHD situps

Row 300 meters

12 GHD Situps

Row 250 meters

10 GHD situps

Time 8:50

Front Squats - 65 x 5 x 8

VEGA WFO w/ coconut water

Granola w/ soy yogurt

Tofu Scramble w/ curry cauliflower, carrots, peppers onions garlic

Vibrancy Bar

Vegetable Soup (carrots, onions, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, black beans)

Yeah they are one of the toughest ab exercises I've ever done I think. GHD stands for Glute Ham developer. or as some call them destroyers. They are called this because on the down motion your knees are bent then when your at the bottom you pop your knees to push with your legs (glutes/hamstrings) to start the motion to bring yourself back up. I would make sure you have a decent amount of hip extensions and hip-back extensions before you do these (25 - 30 consecutive) if your form is wrong you can hurt your lower back which I know sometimes bothers you so be careful. I usually get pretty dizzy and sick feeling if I do enough of these. That being said I really think they are an excellent exercise.

11-5-9

jump rope to warmup

then Death by GHD...

With a continuously running clock do one GHD situps the first minute, two the second minute, three the third minute... continuing as long as you are able.

Use as many sets each minute as needed.

I sucessfully completed 24 rounds. I timed out on the 25 rounds meaning I was still doing GHD situps but I couldn't get them done fast enought to fit within the one minute time frame. Still a good WOD and a lot of GHD situps which were tough after yesterday.

VEGA WFO w/ Coconut Water

Granola w/ Soy Yogurt

Thai Tofu, Broccoli, Carrots, Onions

Vibrancy Bar

Sloppy Tempeh

yeah my abs are a little fatigued right now. Yes it is from Vegan Table. I like it because it is a very quick and easy meal to make.

Tried wallballs for the first time in a long time. Did 20 reps of a 10 lb ball at 8 foot target. My legs were smoked from the GHDs and my shoulder was sore from rehab earlier in the day. Need to get the ice on. Will be hitting up wallballs again soon.

Shoulder sore today. Abs too.

1.5 hours shoulder rehab work

wod

As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:

5 box jumps @ 24inches

10 Wallballs - 10 lbs ball @ 8 ft target

Got 20 rounds in. had some seconds left but knew i couldn't get another round in. Will stick with this level of wallballs until shoulder feels better then I will start working up the weight and distance.

vega wfo w/coconut water

thai tofu w.broccoli carrots'

granola w/ soy yogurt

larabar

curried red lentil soup

tempeh bacon

Shoulder still sore but much improved. All the ice is helping. I need to do this as much as I can over the weekend.

CF WOD - for time

"300" - yes from the movie training

25 pullups

50 deadlifts @ 65 lbs

50 pushups

50 box jumps @ 24 inches

50 floorwipers (25lb bar held overhead - 2 count)

50 1 arm Kettlebean - Clean & press (all on left arm - non surgical side)

25 pullups

Time - 19:10 - nope I didn;t get the spartan time of under 18 minutes.

Modified the pullups and pushups. First time I deadlifted in a long time. Box jumps were rough after yesterday. The floorwipers were a crusher.

Row 2000 meters - 10:40

Row 1500 meters - 7:48

Row 1000 meters - 5:18

Row 500 meters - 2:30

Row 250 meters - 1:10

Rest 1 minute between each round.

VEGA WFO w/Coconut water

Grit golden bowl tofu

Sauteed Cauliflower