MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like when you do a rapid succession of weight based exercises, (like what I think crossfit is, correct me if I'm wrong) you don't need much more cardio. Is that the case? You do some serious stuff. I'm curious as to what your resting heart rate is. 50s? 40s?

Crossfit is constantly varied functional movements performed at high intensity. I'm a crossfit trainer. but what does that mean? It means we don't use machines. we train for 10 fitness elements. not just "strength" or "cardio", although we do include both of them. Along with other things like agility and coordination. A lot of the workouts are what you described "metcon" metabolic conditioning using weights in a rep scheme as fast as possible. Crossfit is used a lot by military, police and fire personnel. www.crossfit.com posted the workout of the day everyday and has a ton of exercise demo videos etc. I was introduced it when I was fighting. A lot of fighters use it to train. I've recently had shoulder surgery so Im doing some endurance work right now as i plan on doing some road races soon. So i am doing a lot of the programming from crossfit endurance. www.crossfitendurance.com. I don't have a heart rate monitor so i am not sure what my resting heart rate is. Hope that helped!

Taking a rest day today. Had one scheduled anyay and feel like I need it. I was very tired yesterday so I slept in a bit this morning. cooked some good food and now am going to get started painting again. this time the hallway.

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Sprouted Grain Bagel w/EB

Tempeh Scramble w.spinach onions garlic red pepper

Roasted Yams, Broccoli and Cauliflower

Peanuts

OJ

Split Pea Soup

@viva - Not much of a rest day as I am painting but technically I didn't train today. I did get my appetite back. Honestly I think it was a symptom of overtraining a bit. I was getting super tired the last couple of days and I just think that had something to do with it. I need to work on getting more sleep this week.

I think I am done with the painting except for some touch up work for awhile. I am happy about that! Really tired again all day today. Didn't get great sleep last night.

5x5 weighted step ups onto 18 inch box. 3 minute rest between sets

I wore a 20lb weight vest and alternated legs. leg must come to full extension before placing other on the box.

Held dumbbells of

The form was terrible on the 70 so I didn't count that as a work set.

I think I am going to train with a weight vest more.

Rest 5 minutes

5 rounds for time of

6 pushups

9 strict pullups (used small blue band)

12 knees to elbows

time 12:27 - was losing grip on the bar during K2E. That was rough right after the pullups. My hands were also sore form painting.

5 x 800 meter intervals - 90 second recovery between

tried to maintain pose on treadmill. got video'ed and the form wasn't good so i need to keep working it. set treadmill to run at 8 minute mile pace. so additional time as treadmill getting up to speed

1 - 4:13

2 - 4:16

3 - 4:11

4 - 4:11

5 - 4:14

sprouted grain bagel

vega wfo w/coconut water

banana

scrambled tempeh with spinach

roasted yams and broccoli

almonds

french lentils w/brown rice

peanuts

oj

100 Kettlebell snatches for time. 50 right 50 left using 25lb KB (will go heavier next time) time - 5:08

Rest 5 minutes

For time: 6 rounds of Box Jump and Over's

Get 3 Box's that are 20". Set boxes apart by 3ft. Completely jump over box to jump right over next box, and so on.

6 rounds of down and back box jump and overs. Totaling 6 box jump and overs down and back.

time 1:40

not happy with my performance on this. I was not as aggressive as i needed to be with the jumps. I would stutter step or stop set and jump which is why i had such a slow time. I needed to be more confident that I was going to clear the box. Gotta train this more.

Time trial - run 15 minutes 1.7 miles

1 minute surrenders w/25 overhead

30 burpees

abmat situps

VEGA Sport w/coconut water

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Tofu w/oj,soy,garlic,ginger marinade

Lentils and Brown Rice

Almonds

tempeh bacon

sauteed zucchini

peanuts

Jump Rope - 10 minute mix

Bridges 5 x 30 sec hold w/1 minute rest

5 rounds of 1 minuter per round - 30 second rest between rounds

AMRAP - 1 minute

3 Burpees

5 Power Cleans @ 65lbs

Total rounds 9 - got to the 2nd power clean of 10th rounds but feel on as my ass! I think I would have finished it otherwise.

Running 90 seconds on 90 second off x 6 rounds

1 - .22

2 - .24

3 - .24

4 - .22

5 - .20

6 - .24

VEGA SPORT / coconut water

VEGA WFO /coconut water

Banana

Brown Rice Tofu Mushroom Broccoli Carrots

Almonds

Hummus W/ezekiel wrap

Grit Tofu

Peanuts

@lobster - no i was just fatiguing and form was deteriorating and I was rushing cuz I wanted to finish that round out.

Deadlifts - 120 second rest between sets - bar just felt super heavy today and I was trying to pull 230 off the ground but I just couldn't get it. I was tired and sore going into this one so maybe next time. I normally love deadlifting but i wasn't too happy with my efforts today

135x10

185 x8

200x5

225x1

230 fail

185x1

230 fail

135 x13

3 rounds of

hollow rocks - 1 minute 30 sec off

L-sits 1 minute - 30 seconds off

Muscle Up Transition work (ring pullups, holding up on rings, transition from ring pullups to pushing over the ring practiced on ground)

POP

row 400 meters

16 burpees

row 350 meters

14 burpees

row 300 meters

12 burpees

row 250 meters

10 burpees

done as a team wod alternating team members. finished out with 5 team burpees.

Trigger Point Therapy on legs/feet

vega sport w/coconut water

vega wfo w/coconut water

banana

Thai Tofu, broccoli, peppers, rice

split pea soup

sprouted grain bagel

"JT"

21-15-9

Handstand push ups - subbed 40 lb dumbbell strict press

Push ups

Ring Dips - subbed dips from 24 inch box to 18 inch box

time 11:15

Rest 5min

Bottom to Bottom Tabata Squats.

4x 20sec on, 10sec hold bottom position of squat. legs loves this!

handstand pushup with spot - working to get these down

holding handstand

Run 4x5 min intervals w/3min recovery between rounds.

Hold maximal distance possible on each of the 5 min rounds.

1 - .62

2 - .62

3 - .60

4 - .60

just didn't feel good doing these today. not sure if the legs were worn out from the B2B Tabata Squats

vega wfo w/coconut water

grit tofu

broccoli and carrots

smoked almonds - ate way too many these are yummy!

tofu raviols with marinana sauce

@lobsterrific

unfortunately I didn't make them I only had about 20 minutes available to prepare and eat dinner so they were soyboy.

warmup

30 wallballs@ 10 lbs - 9 ft target

10 pullups green band

30 Kettlebell American Swings @ 25 pounds

10 pushups

Run 10k - used vibram fiver fingers and my right food is very sore. Hard to walk on it. Hoping it feel better tomorrow. I need to get it looked at because it has been bothering me for awhile and I just have been ignoring it.

Strength and Conditioning Recovery WOD - CFE recommended to do after long runs and races. not a timed wod and use light to medium weights. I went light as I am was sore before the run and very sore after it!

GHD Situps 3 x 15

GHD Hip Extensions 3 x 15

Kettlebell Swings (american) 3 x 15 @ 20 lbs

Bench Press 3 x 15 @ 10 lbs

Pullups 9 sets of 5 on the green band

Tomorrow is going to be a rest day as Im feeling really beat up. I need to do some errands and organize my place but I am going to try to get some extra rest in as I feel I need it.

VEGA WFO w.coconut water

Tom Yum Vegetable Soup

Thai Mixed Tofu and Vegetables

Sprouted Grain Bagel

peanuts

dark chocolate

veggie burger

lemon cumin tofu

sun warrior w/soymilk

was really hungry today too!

Hope there's no sprain or fracs or anything!

How do you like those burpees? The woman in my FD who's in charge of Health & Fitness or whatever is big on those. She sent out this burpee challenge over email a while back, where you do 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2, 3 on day 3, and so on and so on. I didn't really get into it though. Probably should have, but exercises like that that jolt you around tend to give me a headache.

Clean & Jerk 5 reps @ 25,45,50,55,60,65 - working form

Front Squat - 2 reps @ 65,85,105,115

30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 8 rounds - Double Unders

Muscle Up Practice

Rower - 1 minute ladder

work:rest

1:1

1:50

1:40

1:30

1:20

1:10

1:20

1:30

1:40

1:50

distance - 2,751 - beat previous effort by 101 meters but i think I could have done better I was very distracted with others at the gym talking to me etc.

5 rounds for time of

10 GHD Situps

15 GHD Hip extensions

20 10 lb med ball slams

rest 2 minutes between rounds

1 - 1:14

2 - 1:14

3 - 1:17

4 - 1:14

5 - 1:24

Tempeh Bacon

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

French Lentils w/ Brown Rice

Roasted Yams & Ruttabagas

Banana

Peanut & Yam Stew

Grit Tofu

Floor Press

5 reps @45,64,85,95,100

"thirteen"

Pullups w/ blue band

Dips on 24 inch box to 18 inch box

Pushups

time 6:48

3 rounds of

Hollow Rock 1 minute, rest 30 seconds

Supermans 1 minute rest 30 seconds

Run 400 meters x 6 - done on treadmill @ 7:30 pace

vega wfo w/coconut water

red beans & brown Rice

smoked almonds

Lentil Soup w/Kale

Tempeh Bacon

Vanilla Tofu

i hope your foot is ok. honestly, those vibrams scare me, i'm sure that's not it but they do.

good luck at the doc's!

yeah im a bad girl and I didn't call the doctor yet. I think your right about the vibram five fingers. I can't maintain really good form running and I started running weird on my 10K to keep my weight off the part of my foot that hurt. So now other parts of my foot hurt too. That is why I am buying inov8 to run in. They are still barefooting shoes but they have more protection than the five fingers do. Hope it goes well