MaryStella's Triathlon training crossfit endurance

Hope there's no sprain or fracs or anything!

How do you like those burpees? The woman in my FD who's in charge of Health & Fitness or whatever is big on those. She sent out this burpee challenge over email a while back, where you do 1 on day 1, 2 on day 2, 3 on day 3, and so on and so on. I didn't really get into it though. Probably should have, but exercises like that that jolt you around tend to give me a headache.

Burpees are a great exercise. They work a lot of things fast. I have a love/hate relationship with them though.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ octo - I like to use coconut water to avoid dehydration issues. All of the trace minerals/electrolytes not found in water. Not a requirement but I do feel better when i use it. Also I think it makes the vega products taste better.

@lobster - no i am still being a very bad girl!

warmup - run 800 meters on treadmill backwards

12 minute time trial - on treadmill 8:00 pace 1.42 covered. should have been 1.5 most likely the startup of the treadmill i lost some distance.

foot still sore but feeling better than it has been. need to ice it and get new footwear. I ran today using regular sneakers cuz my vibrams hurt too much.

today was a day of things breaking. I didn't freak out but it wasn't the easiest of days. Looking for some rest soon and hopefully a better day tomorrow.

Front Squats - 5 reps on the minute every minute for 10 minutes @ 75 lbs. I think I should have gone heavier because I was getting the reps done in 10 seconds except for the last couple of rounds which were still done under 15 seconds.

c2 rower - 40 seconds on :20 seconds off x5 - wearing a 20lb weight vest

1 - 177

2 - 165

3 - 164

4 - 154

5 - 163

this was tough. anything with the vest is tough to me.

Sprouted Grain Bagel

VEGA WFO w.coconut water

Red Beans & Brown Rice

Almonds

Cumin Lime Tofu w. pistachio crust

Roasted Green Beans

Vanilla Tofu

Foot is getting better still sore and icing but improving.

5 Total Rounds of

30sec on,20sec off: Move from one exercise to the other in this order.

Double Unders (inconsist reps when i faulted which was every rounf)

GHD Sit ups - 14 - 15 each round

Push ups 18 - 20 each round

Seated Box Jumps. Sit on 12" box ,Jump up onto the 24" Box. 14-14-14-10-8

Kettle Bell Swings 1 pood. - 15 each round

i was counting myself so that is what i think I had for each round I wasn't writing it down.

had a date with pukie afterwards.

@lobster - I am still being a very bad girl but the good news is the foot is healing/feeling better. I jsut don't want to go to the doctor!

@rob - I love my weight vest. Especially for runs, rowing intervals. Some Crossfit wods. But it is something you can work around if you don't want to put money into one. you can always weight down a backpack or ruck. Or you can just use your gear from firefighting. I'm sure that weighs a good amount.

vega sport w. coconut water

vega wfo w. coconut water

cumin lime tofu

roasted yams

vanilla tofu w.sun warrior mixed in

thai soup - veggie and tofu

thai mixed vegetables and tofu

Edited by MaryStella

That's a sick routine. I'd have puked too. You should be very proud of being able to do that rapid succession of exercises for so long.

In the Academy we did lots of exercises in our gear. I've done some "step box" things around the station with just the air-pack on before as well. I can't take that stuff with me to the Y though

@rob - if you walked into a crossfit gym with gear on people would just be like that guy is sooo hardcore! but yeah that is the crossfit method so a lot of my workouts are that way. Do you have any gym equipment at your firehouse? You can do exercises there with your gear on. something like pushups, pullups, bodyweight "air" squats, running up and down the stairs, jumping rope, box jumps, situps become much more challenge with some extra weight.

We have workout equipment at the stations, but its all second hand crap. The weight plates are rusted and some of them have actually broken in half. And the pads on the benches are torn to pieces. I used to use them every shift, but since I've started going back to the Y, I haven't felt the desire.

The problem with throwing on the gear and exercising is that it doesn't breathe (for obvious reasons) so the inside gets really wet with sweat, and then its difficult to put back on when the bells go off. Same problem in the summertime, regardless of exertion, really. If I had a spare set of gear, I'd definitely do this because it would better simulate the conditions of the Combat Challenge.

@ROBB - I would recommend getting a weight vest. I think it would help you train for you combat challenge and also you everyday job. But they can get expensive. the plus side is they are comfortable compared to loading a backpack with sand or something like that. They do get hot though too or at least I think they do. although I am sure they are not as hot as wearing your gear. but depending on what exercises you want to do ith the added weight you can work around it too. Such as putting a plate on your back for pushups or holding a dumbbell between you legs for pullups but if you want to run or anything like that a vest is best.

10 dips

2 Power Cleans

9 dips

4 power cleans

8 dips

6 power cleans

7 dips

8 power cleans

6 dips

10 power cleans

5 dips

12 power cleans

4 dips

14 power cleans

3 dips

16 power cleans

2 dips

18 power cleans

1 dip

20 power cleans.

used 65 on the cleans and did box dips from a 24 onto an 18.

c2 - 1 minute on : 1 minute off

1- 261

2 - 267

3 - 269

4 - 259

5 - 263

6 - 272

7 - 269

8 - 271

9 - 271

spouted grain bagel

vega sport w/ cocnut water

vega wfo w/coconut water

tempeh bacon

vanilla tofu

@viva - wow! thanks so much! I don't know if I agree with you but I am starting to get back to where I was before surgery so that makes me happy.

Taking a rest day today even though I don't really want to because it is on the schedule and I've been getting a lot of comments about overtraining recently.

Tofu Scramble w/mushrooms, spinach, veggie burger & tempeh bacon

Thanks lobster. I have a lot of energy today from the rest day.

5 x 5 strict pullups

1 pullups of each set alone - last four had small spot the last inch or so to get over the bar

then 50 burpees for time - time 4 minutes

tried to run today but foot still really sore so I switched to the c2 rower. 25 minutes - 4K+ - was distracted at gym with friends visiting so i didn't push the pace enough and I didn't write down my distance and i don't remember it. Felt liked I needed a better workout so did another WOD

Hang Cleans - practiced weight through 80lbs then

20 Hang Cleans @45, 5 pullups (used blue band), 15 Hang Cleans, 10 pullups with blue band, 10 Hang Cleans, 15 pullups - kipping with blue band, 5 Hang Cleans, 20 pullups - kipping with blue band. time - 7 minutes - need to go heavier

VEGA SPORT w/coconut water

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Cumin Lemon Tofu

English Muffin Pizza

Dark Chocolate Raisins

Hummus w/ steamed broccoli and cauliflower

Tempeh Bacon

"filthy fifty"

box jumps - 24 inches

jumping pullups

KB swings@35 lbs

Lunges

Knees to elbows

Push Press @ 45 lbs

Back Extensions

Wallballs - 14 lbs @ 9 ft

burpees

400 single count jump rope (supposed to be 50 double unders but I didn't have enough time to fight through these today I needed to go back to work and turning DU when Im tired is very ugly)

time 32:36

yeap this was pretty filthy. going to hit another wod later that hopefully I will feel better about my performance about.

VEGA Sport w/coconut water

VEGA WFO w/coconut water

Tofu Scramble w.spinach, mushrooms, tempeh Bacon and a veggie burger

Smoked Almonds

Dark Chocolate Covered Raisins

2.9.10 continued

3 Rounds For Time.

15 Body Weight Dead Lifts (135)

25 Abmat Situps

Farmer Walk down 25 meters and back 25 meters w/50lbs dumbbells in each hand

Time 5:10

then "Tosh"

C2: 3x( 250m +500m+ 700m)

Rest the exact time it takes you to do each interval in each set.

250 - 1:10

500 - 2:39

750 - 3:58

250 - 1:08

500 - 2:34

750 - 3:50

250 - 1:13

500 - 2:35

750 - 3:40

With this being my third wod of the day the intevals were NOT all out efforts. But it felt good to get the distance in anyway.

We're expecting a bunch of snow in my area tomorrow so not sure if I will get to the gym or not. I hope to, although I expect to feel like I got hit by a busy when I wake up in the morning. The filthy fifty has that effect.

Banana

Tempeh Etoufee

Roasted Yams and Ruttabagas

Roasted Asparagus

mexican chocolate

Got a snow day going on today. Going to get a bunch done around here. Not sure if I will workout or not. I won't get to the gym unless one of the guys wants to train so bad he comes to pick me up. (having keys to the place has benefits!). I did three workouts a day for the last two days so I wouldn't be too upset if my only training as shoveling today. Gonna try to refuel a bit today and get back at it soon!

sure will Lobster. I flipped through it really quickly and there are def things I will be trying soon! Once I hit the grocery store over the weekend probably.

This is my first cookbook holder! I finally broke down and got one because my cookbooks take a beating (and a splattering).