John Robbins is in trouble according to Ecorazzi

RAINRA

One of the most famous vegan authors of our time, John Robbins, learned last month that he and his wife lost their entire life savings at the hands of Bernie Madoff’s dastardly Ponzi scheme. Now the Robbins family is facing a sudden and severe financial crisis and needs our help!

In a letter posted on VegSource.com, author Patti Breitman writes: “To economize, the family has rented out every extra room in their house and every spare space on their property. Still, it is not clear if they will be able to pay their mortgage or keep the property they share with their son, his wife and their two grandsons.”

While I’ve never met Robbins personally, Diet for a New America, Food Revolution and Healthy at 100 are staples on my bookshelf and have helped countless people (including many of our favorite veggie celebs) live a more healthy, eco-friendly life.

So now’s it’s time to give back! If Robbins’ words have helped you throughout the years and you’d like to say thanks, please send donations to John Robbins, c/o Patti Breitman, 12 Rally Court, Fairfax, CA 94930.

Let’s rally together and help a friend who’s helped so many!

Hmm, I didn't think he had much savings to start with. This really sucks. Won't he get his money back from insurance or something? I don't get wall street and all that capitalist crap.

EDIT: Someone should open a paypal account on his behalf. I'm pretty poor myself but if this shit is true I could def give away a few bucks and I bet other could too. However, sending money overseas seems kind of stupid.

Has anyone confirmed this is true?

I heard about it elsewhere too, but wasn't sure.

If so, we don't want John Robbins to go down (again):

http://a222.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/43/l_d310c0ebdac821783c2b723e57337e75.jpg

I beat him, but man...........he is seriously strong and put up around 245 on bench press in his 50's.